1.4 Fat Content

Absolutely LOVE the 1.4!!! Not NEARLY the amount of gas from previous versions - I’m attributing to the oat flour. And, I don’t need to buy Rice or Almond milk like before. HUGE savings!

However, I still like the idea of the oil bottles, or being able to add the fat content separately.

With my workout diet (bulking), I’m trying to keep Carbs to 40%, Protein to 40%, and Fat to 20%. Of course, im supplementing the protein with either Whey or Egg White protein. But with the fat content in the Whey, it usually only brings the mixture to 39% fat, and 29% protein. Not where I want them. If the fat could be added separetly, I could control the amount of fat content.

Eventually, I hope that Rosa Labs comes up with different formulas for different needs, such as weight loss, or bulking.

Fixed the title for you :stuck_out_tongue: now less rainbow

Damn autocorrect. Always fixing sheet…

I had my own mixture made (Richard Fuel) with 60% Carbs, 30% Protein, 10% Fat. I’m just moving to this full time now that I’ve finally finished my 1.3, so I’ll have to see what my weight does with the usual number of running miles I put in along with this Fuel. My next blood test (wellness exam) will be next month, so I’ll be able to check up on those numbers also.

What brand of whey are you using? If you can post a link.

If you have fitness goals I highly recommend going DIY. You can hit any calorie count and macronutrient ratio you want. Not to mention it is cheaper per day.

http://diy.soylent.me/recipes/chris-fuel-2

I’m moving in the opposite direction and am in the process of upping the fat content in 1.4 to 55%. Over the last 6 months I’ve lost weight and increased running/cycling speed on a 40% fat diet (Soylent 1.4 and previously Schmoylent with 130% of the recommended Canola oil for fat). A powdered fat option would be preferred, but for the moment I’m just going back to Canola as that worked well back in the Schmoylent days. My current recipe is 2000kcal 1.4 + 500kcal canola (60-64ml) + 100kcal MSM unflavored whey isolate and a pinch more salt… Netting a full day 2600kcal. I’ve only just started this but I’m the lightest I’ve been in 20 years and the fastest I’ve ever been. I’m 48 years old approaching 160lb (5’10") and a sub 20min 5k. We’ll see how this goes over the next 6 weeks.

Actually the decrease in farts is supposedly from the lessening of the protein lol. The increase in fat is exactly what fixed it.

Also I do hope they come up with different versions because im NOT trying to bulk or lose weight or do anything fancy. Im just tired of wasteing time and money on shitty food.

So I hope they keep focused on their goal of just being a neutral food for the masses…