1.4 - Has the indigestion & acid reflux gotten better?

I have a Soylent 1.3 about once a day and for a while now it’s been giving me acid reflux and has also increased my intolerance of foods that may cause acid reflux… For instance, I have a pop and a couple slices of pizza and its a guarantee I’ll have problems. This is unusual for me unless I’m out of shape at the time, but started once I switched from 1.2 to 1.3. Right now I’m in good shape with an intense weekly workout and have stopped with Soylent for a couple streaks of a week or so which verified it’s the Soylent for me.

I have seen similar posts but nothing recent, and I’m hoping v1.4 changes will help me. Has anyone with similar issues seen improvement with v1.4? I’m the type of person who doesn’t like taking pills or even Antacids because it feels like a temporary solution. I want to eat things that my body accepts, not correct the issue with medicines, so I will be done with Soylent if it doesn’t improve.

Thanks

The only way to know for sure is to try it yourself.

Until you receive 1.4, to finish your 1.3 try adding some yogurt to a serving. I had acid reflux too and adding it helped it. Certainly worth giving it a shot.

For me, 1.4 has made a significant difference in my Soylent-related acid-reflux and I think it is due to the reduction in oat flour. I have a sensitivity to oats and if I eat them in the evening I have terrible acid. I noticed this with 1.0-1.3 and was unable to eat a full day of Soylent because that last meal would make me miserable at night. It took me a while to realize it but after a couple of weeks on 1.4 that feeling was gone. 1.4 is much easier on my stomach. I haven’t tried drinking it for supper yet but I’m pretty sure it won’t bother me like the older versions.

I’ve been on omeprazole tablets for the past 15 years to treat acid reflux, which before the drug was a daily and constant problem causing between discomfort and plain agony.

Currently on day four of Soylent 1.4 and I’ve noticed no problems, I’m actually not taking the tablets either as part of the experiment, it normally takes about 4 days of not taking them for the symptoms to return so it’s going to be interesting to see what happens.

As ever, people are individual but I hope this is of some use.

update: Nope.

Right on schedule, the pain came right on back, as bad as ever. Not surprising but it was worth a try. So I’d say there’s nothing in Soylent that solves or aggravates existing reflux conditions.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I was able to trade a friend of mine for a 1.4 packet and tried it out. I had 1 meal Tuesday evening, then 1 wed, thurs, and fri mornings last week without much of a problem, but still minor acidity. So it seems to have gotten better but it’s hard to tell without trying more meals. I may just need to buy a week supply and give it a shot.

Thanks

You mean you have a soda? (…or, the more universal soft drink, or for people from where I live a coke.)

(Note: Just kidding around.)
http://popvssoda.com/ for what people call a soft drink in different parts of the US (,and Canada, but just stats and no map for Canada.)