1.6 Back in Stock

Inventory problem identified http://m.imgur.com/uy6DtOa?r

5 Likes

Weird thing happened. My roommate’s order was cancelled and he didn’t know about it till he saw the refund. My 1.6 wasn’t cancelled and it arrived this week after being placed on backorder. He was annoyed when I got Soylent and he didn’t. Me… well… I got my Soylent. :wink:

1 Like

1.6 is NOT back in stock according to my look at the site early this morning. The site says it won’t be available until October 25th.

My money was due to be taken today. The site says that orders that are due before the 25th will be listed as on back order, but my order is not listed as on back order.

The site says that orders before the 25th won’t be delivered till the NEXT scheduled delivery day. I take it that my order that was scheduled to be restarted today won’t be restarted for a month. Thanks a lot, RL.

I am not one of the complainers, but RL seems to have become unreliable lately. I am used to paying over $200 a month to RL most months. I think this is a significant amount. The fact that the site says that my order should be listed as on backorder and it isn’t also raises questions. The fact that 1.6 was said to be “back in stock” and it apparently went back out of stock also raises questions.

There have been other problems as well. It would be nice to see an explanation for what has caused so many. My guess is that RL has been rushing out products because it needs money and this has overburdened the company. My guess could easily be wrong, of course.

1 Like

The site says it’s in stock for me. And I’ve already gotten a shipment since it came back in stock.

1 Like

So, multiformous, the site doesn’t say this when you look at it?

Soylent FAQ My Orders
Soylent Powder is Backordered

We recently experienced a slight delay in our supply chain, and new production runs are currently on hold. Because of this delay, all orders of Soylent Powder will be put on backorder. We expect Powder orders to begin regular fulfillment by October 25th.

Update: Despite the fact that the site contradicts itself, I went ahead and ordered 1.6. Thanks, multi, for stopping me from believing what the site plainly said.

1 Like

Clear your browser cache.

2 Likes

Well, interestingly, I just now installed Opera, and it says the same thing. Why would a brand new browser have the same cache information?

2 Likes

Gremlins? Soylent-induced hallucinations?

2 Likes

The soylent.com site appears down now so it’s possible it was having problems. Another possibility is that you didn’t check the Faq page, which is where I found the obsolete info. Another possibility is that you didn’t check any page, but just relied on your innate brilliance.

1 Like

Bro, I checked all the pages and didn’t see the issue. I was genuinely trying to help you, and when that didn’t work, I added some levity to the situation. Please chillax and stop your reign of terror on this forum. Friends?

“Major websites were temporarily inaccessible to many users in the United States on Friday, after a major domain host reported two large distributed-denial-of-service attacks on its servers.”

I didn’t know you checked “all the pages” since you didn’t mention that. Does that mean you checked the Faq?

1 Like

I wasn’t looking at the FAQ, but the main product page for the powder as well as my account subscription info. It was fine for me this morning, however the main soylent.com site appears to be down as you mentioned.

Well, I went back at 7:55 p.m. and the site was up and I used Dolplin, which I just installed today, and it said that the wrong information was still in the FaQ. So Ode’s suggestion that I was seeing a problem caused by my cache seems to be impossible, since I have found the same information with three browsers, two of them installed fresh today. No one but me seems to care whether the correct info is posted in the Faq.

1 Like