1600 cal (4 bottles 2.0) diet

I’m a 220 lb male and was wondering what the efficacy and safety of going on a 1600 calorie a day all soylent diet would be. If I were switching to this diet and increasing activity level from relatively sedentary to moderately active would the macro nutrient profile ( specifically protein) at a 4 bottle a day diet be enough to safely lose fat and not lose muscle mass? Is this a safe caloric deficit or is it too much? Additionally should I be concerned about only getting 80% of RDA of all of the micro nutrients from being solely on 2.0 and would it be wise to supplement atleast water soluble vitamins to make up the difference?

Don’t worry about the micros. 80% of them is still pretty good, much better than most people get.

It’s very hard to lose fat and not muscle. It’s easier if you have very little muscle and lots of fat to begin with.

As for whether 1600 cal per day is safe, according to this calorie calculator you need 2850 cal/day if you are 30 years old, 6’0", 220lbs, and moderately active. 1250/day calorie deficit is pretty big. It’d be safer to go with 2000cal/day, even that should make you lose approximately 2 pounds per week.

I would start by go to a calorie guesstimater like the one below.

https://diy.soylent.com/nutrient-profiles/calculator

You need 0.35g per pound of body weight when sedentary and up to twice that if you want to be a bodybuilder or athlete.

The effects were drastic, I know I have posted this picture before but I lost a huge amount of weight.

I started on 1.5 eating 1,500 calories a day. 1,000 calories of Soylent and 500 calories of whatever I wanted to eat as long as it was homemade.

Started at nearly 200 pounds sedentary, 5’ 7" 31 years old. I am now 135 pounds and walk/run 10-14 miles a day and eat 3,000-3,500 calories to maintain my weight. I also do some calisthenics throughout the week.

My doctor was cautiously skeptical but after tracking my blood work, he is satisfied that I changed my lifestyle in a healthful way.

As for muscle mass, I couldn’t tell you precisely, but I worried about muscle after loosing the fat - when I went to maintain maintenance mode. I am more tone than I ever have been in my entire life.

I usually only consume about 3-4 bottles a day, and a few snacks here and there. I’m relatively sedentary and I maintain about 165-170 pounds.

Hey there I am just writing that the Calorie Calculator link from WMS is no longer active

The outbound link is to:
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/calorie-calculator/itt-20084939

I have a similar - if not - a better calculator than your original outgoing link was.
The link is here :

Best Regards Vid

Vitamins and minerals are very important so consider taking a multivitamin every other day at least, and since multivitamins don’t usually have potassium, make sure to get your daily potassium. You can do this by eating a banana to fill the gap, or adding 1/4th teaspoon of potassium salt substitute to one of your Soylents per day. Just be sure to always measure potassium, it directly affects your heart, so don’t overdo it as that can be dangerous too.