2.0 good for Type 1 Diabetics?

Greetings!

I am 38 years old and have had type 1 diabetes for 28 years. A coworker convinced me to try his recent purchase of Soylent 2.0 and I just had my first bottle this morning.

At the time of consumption (on an empty stomach) my blood sugar was 180. 180 was a tad high and my insulin pump corrected with 2 additional units to the 4 I added for the 37 listed carbs in a bottle of 2.0. (I typically take one unit of insulin per 10 carbs)

Interestingly / oddly in the course of an hour my blood sugar has rocketed up to a high of 283. You can see on my insulin pump (which is paired with a sensor to check my glucose every 5 minutes or so) how quickly my blood sugar rose.

I have corrected with an additional 8 units and thankfully see my numbers going back down… but I really am surprised with how my body responded to this first bottle.

Have other type 1 diabetics experienced anything like this? I don’t think 40 or so carbs have every affected me so intensely before.

I’m not diabetic, but I’m really glad this is being discussed. While I don’t have hard data like you do, I feel like my sugar spikes with 2.0, so I’ve taken to drinking a bottle over the course of an hour or two. If I had to guess, it’s the maltodextrin. Hopefully we’ll get more data and maybe an improved formula.

Thanks! I posted about it on reddit and have gotten some interesting information: https://www.reddit.com/r/soylent/comments/44bxep/20_good_for_type_1_diabetics/