28 Day Subscription Order Info

So for all those curious about how the new subscription ordering process works and how long everything takes…I just placed an order for a 28 day subscription…I will keep you all updated on progress of communication and delivery and such…what better way to answer everyone’s questions…

After completing the order…the thank you page read:

"Thank you for subscribing!

Your subscription is now active and will be automatically renewed on June 07, 2014.

You were billed $255.00 USD."

At least you will know when you need to have funds available again…wonder if I’ll even have any soylent at that point…ill keep you all updated on what happens.

Note to self: remember to rob @vadimgod before June 7.

alrighty…got some news already…the thank you page stated I would be billed again on June 7…Just got the confirmation email which reads:

"*** Your subscription confirmation ***

Thank you for subscribing with Soylent.  Your order details are:

Description: Soylent - 28 Bags / 28 Days

Quantity:    1

Total:       $255.00 per 4 weeks

You have been charged for your first delivery of Soylent, but your subscription will not begin until your first order ships.

Starting on that date, you will receive 28 bags of Soylent, shipped every 28 days."

I’m confused already…will I be billed on June 7 or will my subscription begin when my soylent is shipped and then i will be billed 28 days after that?

Im thinking Ill get billed june 7…weather or not i have received my first order. If I get billed again before I even recieved my first order…there might be some more hard words coming your way guys!!! :slight_smile: :smile:

(i kinda get the feeling that i might get this new order before I get my original 2 week order…we shall see)

Here you go, should answer your question

We are on approx the same schedule.

My confirmation:

*** Your subscription confirmation ***

Thank you for subscribing with Soylent. Your order details are:

Description: Soylent - 28 Bags / 28 Days
Quantity: 1
Total: $255.00 per 4 weeks

You have been charged for your first delivery of Soylent, but your subscription will not begin until your first order ships.

Starting on that date, you will receive 28 bags of Soylent, shipped every 28 days.

:slight_smile: So I will wait with you!

except for the “you will be billed on june 7” which i guess is a place holder message for when things are up and running…though im not sure if running a live store with placeholders which display incorrect info is wise…but it is what it is…getting used to it…we shall see…thats why i made the order…so we can all get some answers (and i can get some more soylent…or some soylent)

its another case of i dont know if i can trust what im told by the soylent folk…status quo at this point :slight_smile: all in good fun…but still not my favorite part of the company

what about the stuff on the site about reorders shipping in 1-2 weeks…is that gonna happen? does my order count as a reorder? I used same email…again…we shall see

I thought add on orders were grouped together? I might be talking out my butt though… Just thought I read it somewhere.

Extra orders stopped being Add-Ons on April 25th

i think you might be talking about a while back before they closed out the initial orders…back then i added 1 more week to my initial order which is going to be combined into one 2week order…but those orders are locked down by now.

Maybe you can tag one of the staff about that and they can adjust that placeholder text. I can see where it would feel misleading/frustrating. They should just duplicate the text from the email, which I think is fairly clearly written.

And… Gotcha. Good to know I didn’t make that up. :slight_smile:

i’ve complained enough about wording and promises and such…i just want to get my soylent…share what info i can with you fine folks and leave the soylenteers about their business. Dont feel like tagging them is needed.

(Dont wanna be called the “but you said” nazi over at soylent HQ)

Will be funny if billing me on JUNE 7 becomes the one deadline they meet :slight_smile:

Lol! Fair enough. My plan is to wait patiently and cheerfully and grub on DIY as much as possible till or even as the 10-12 weeks “they said” passes by like a shot in the dark.

also last night i emailed the Subscription email asking if the order i just placed was a NEW order or REorder since i used the same email from my initial backer email…ill let you know the reply

just logged into the Recurly website which manages my soylent subscription…subscription is still active and next planned invoice is still june 7…it has not been paused…maybe cause its the weekend or they just plan to pause it before my next bill date idk

automated reply that they will get back to me in a day or 2 about my question about the reorder

Props for doing this, I will be checking back periodicity :slight_smile:

NADA yet…

Late Friday into Sat morning…I contacted support about my reorder…email reply said “please allow 1-2 days for a response.”

Going on day 4 now (gave em a shot at it being WORK DAYS) but alas…no response yet…just another example…of a deadline (which was never asked for…they could have just said get back to you soon) being broken…unless i get an email late tonight or something… :frowning:

Also…backend still says my next invoice will be June 7 and status is Active

Just in case anyone was wondering like me, and it was probably a dumb question, but I wanted to make sure. My initial order was with oil because I didn’t change it in time, my 28 day subscription is vegan. I asked if this would effect it at all, in being a reorder or new order. From the soylent team, That change won’t affect your order fulfillment. So, all good on changing your type (vegan or regular) of soylent order if you need to.