284lb 34 y/o Man Attempting to turn a new leaf with Soylent 2.0

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself and thank all of you for what you’ve put here to share with people like myself. I’ve struggled with weight all my life and I’ve done a lot of reflection and learning to understand why my previous weight loss attempts were unsuccessful. I’m quite excited by what Soylent is and how it can fit into my lifestyle.

For the better part of a year I tried the CMWL program and was on a strict 1400 calorie diet for months. As expected, I lost weight and some of my ability to taste during the experience. After a change in my daytime profession I ended the program and resumed normal eating. I had lost 40 pounds on the program as well as the ability to taste the things I love the most. After a year things were back to where I started, I weighed the same but could now taste again.

A few years passed this way and someone new came into my life who showed me what Paleo is and taught me a lot about eating I’d never taken the time to think about. This improved my eating quite a bit but I haven’t fully gotten into a routine yet that works for weight loss.

Today I went in for blood work and had my first bottle of 2.0 shortly after. I’m working on a food plan to put me in the 1900-2100 calorie area and increase my protein intake.

I’m going to have some questions for you as I keep reading everything I can. My goal is to drop 2.5 pounds a week for the next 18 weeks, then evaluate the path forward.

I look forward to becoming part of the community and having a success story of my own to share.

Thank you,

Matthew

You may want to look into loseit.com, it’s a site and an app that helped me loose over 40 pounds and now I can’t eat anything without “seeing” it in calories. I have no connection with the site/company but it helped me tremendously. Soylent, when it’s not making people ill, helped me a lot.

I lost over 60 pounds with calorie counting. Eating Soylent makes it very simple to count those calories, providing complete nutrition, and helps to hold you accountable to eating well and regular.

I started eating Soylent when I lost my job, I was about a month into unemployment with a sedentary lifestyle. I tried it on a whim because my friend gave me a bag of Soylent as a gag gift. I ordered up a subscription and was officially a Soylenteer. I decided to eat Soylent for breakfast and lunch, 1,000 calories with and I limited myself to a total of 1500-1800 calories a day. I ate whatever homemade meal I wanted for dinner.

Today, I still eat Soylent for breakfast and lunch, 1,000 calories total but have since become very active running several miles every day. My peak weight was over 200lbs and am now 130, at 5’7" I am at a healthy weight and my blood work is phenomenal.

Soylent is not for weight loss, it is a meal alternative. The idea behind Soylent is to incorporate it into your eating habits to promote a healthy lifestyle by eating nutritionally complete meals regularly. You still need discipline to lose weight and calorie restrictions in place to use more energy than your taking in.

Soylent is an alternative to fast food, food trucks, skipping meals, and all the other nonsense excuses to eat bad or not eat at all.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey with weight loss and lifestyle change, feel free to reach out to the community and myself with any questions or concerns you may have. I’m also on MyFitnessPal and FitBit forums.

@BitBucket

Dude, we get it. You got sick from Soylent. Not everyone is getting ill from Soylent, the majority of people are not. We can hear the trumpets from your crusade loud and clear.

I’ll be more specific.

Soylent, besides version 1.1 and the current version 1.6 which made me nauseated and vomit, helped me to lose over 40 pounds. As Naten likes to say, versions other than 1.1 and 1.6 for me were “without issues”.

Better? Now it’s about my experience about not getting sick with soylent.