3 days on soylent, feeling good

Hi there folks,

Learned about soylent (and Soylent) a few weeks ago… love the idea, it’s a long time coming. Most of the people I know are either 1) not eating right, or 2) are eating right but downplaying how much time, effort and money it takes to eat right.

After reading through recipes a few days over at the diy site, I finally put pen to paper and have been eating this for about 3 day now and feeling great: http://diy.soylent.me/recipes/chads-simple-soylent. Had a low-grade headache a little the first couple of days (like a lot of people on here) but chalked it up to “nutrition shock” to my body.

If anyone would be so kind as to take a look and let me know what they think of the recipe… it’s patterned after one of the “simple” recipes… I know I’m a little light on calcium and iron, have to address that. But as many have said, it’s probably better than I normally eat.

Ordered a week’s supply a while back and can’t wait try the real thing.

Hi Chad. I am enjoying my DIY soylent too! It is a good recipe. :slight_smile: I based my recipe off another one of Max’s, People Chow 2.02. If you want to look at mine it is here: http://diy.soylent.me/recipes/xanders-people-chow-by-maxk-220-2500-calorie

I haven’t tried my recipe with the potassium citrate yet however and I am hoping it doesn’t give me problems, as there are some risks involved with ingesting too much potassium too quickly. I would like to do some research on hyperalkemia or hear some reports that people haven’t experienced hyperalkemia consuming potassium citrate in their soylent.

Do you mean hyperklemia (high potassium)? if you have normal kidney function, potassium will be regulated and excess will be excreted in the urine.

Yeah meant hyperkalemia. I do have normal kidney function, OK thanks lee I will add my potassium citrate to my recipe. :slight_smile: It just made me nervous because instead of consuming the “reccomended” supplement dosage which gives 3% potassium I’m adding enough to meet 100% of my RDAs (in conjunction with the other potassium containing items in my recipe).