31 flavors of awesome

31 controversial quotes from Soylent CEO Rob Rhinehart that will either terrify you or make you excited about the future of food

If you are on his side, they are inspiring and logical. If you are not, they may sound wacky.

I do have a response/question regarding one of his quotes. @Rob said:
“Eating to me is a leisure activity, like going to the movies, but I don’t want to go to the movies three times a day.”

Not even on October 21st, 2015?

I couldn’t agree more with Rob.
Now I’m curious, what happen on October 21st? :smile:

back to the future…

This list is great.

I have not set foot in a grocery store in years. Nevermore will I bumble through endless confusing aisles like a pack-donkey searching for feed while the smell of rotting flesh fills my nostrils and fluorescent lights sear my eyeballs and sappy love songs torture my ears.

Having worked in a grocery store when I was 15 I can commiserate with the desire to never step inside one ever again (although I’m not on the same page when it comes to the meat department, I crave beef all the time when on 100% Soylent).

Always know as much as possible. I think all value at some point comes from information asymmetry.

I work with Healthcare organizations a lot, so I know a thing or two about information asymmetry. Information asymmetry creates economic rents, value, on the other hand, is created lots of different ways, the simplest to understand is by specialization of labor.

One of my fears is someone would turn down a social eating engagement to work and drink Soylent.

Here’s a quote for the foodie bloggers who are militantly anti-Soylent.

I used to dream of one day being able to afford shopping at Whole Foods, but now it’s irrelevant to me.

And I’ll finish with the one I found most amusing.

For me, it’s cheese…

You’re both partially correct. It’s beef AND cheese melted together into gooey awesomeness.

Dammit now I want a burrito…

I thought this was actually about flavors T_T

I’ve not had great success with flavors that aren’t sweet, and that’s what I crave.

I thought it was going to be about someone putting 2.0 in an ice cream maker. Very disappointed to learn that it wasn’t.

:wink:

Me too. With 31 flavors, I thought for sure that someone would be baskin in the limelight.