400 kcall powdered soylent: do the math for me? :)

I’ve always found the instructions on powdered soylent to be confusing, so I end up just always making the full (2000 kCal) batch. I need it in much smaller amounts right now, though, so can anyone tell me how much powder and how much oil I need for 400 kCal of 1.3 or 1.4 soylent?

Thanks!

1.3 and 1.4 don’t have separate oil bottles. edit: I stand corrected

Use the metal scoop they gave you, 2 scoops of powder = 500 kcal. If you want 400 kcal then do about a scoop and a half.

blink Huh, I’d better check those boxes, then, because I coulda swore they had oil…

How about 1.0? (Yes, I still have some? It’s … probably safe, right?? :smiley: )

What I would do would be to look at how many grams are on the label for the container and divide by 5 to get 400 calories worth
I’m looking at the picture of the 1.6 pouch on Amazon (sorry I’m on 2.0 so I don’t have one myself). It says 459 grams. So 459/5 = 91.8. I’m not sure if yours may vary.

You can get a food scale that weighs in grams lots of places, target, anywhere you can get kitchen stuff.

The least mess producing way is to put your container on the scale, zero it out and then add the powder until you get to the correct number of grams, then add the water.

You could of course also seperate into baggies if you need to take them somewhere too.

Squeeze the bag and make sure it’s still air tight. If not, toss it.

You will possibly want a little more vitamin C if you’re drinking a lot of it. Like an oranges worth.

1.3 was the last version with an oil bottle; 1.4 was the first with powdered oil included in the mix.

http://files.soylent.com/pdf/soylent-release-notes-1-3.pdf
http://files.soylent.com/pdf/soylent-release-notes-1-4.pdf

If you have a scale that can measure in grams, it’s much easier.

For 1.3, 1/3 of the powder is 144 g. Multiply by 3 to get the total powder as 432 g. Divide by 5 and you get about 86 g. For the oil, 2 fluid ounces of oil should weigh about 53 g to 55 g. Divide by 5 and you get about 11 g.

As far as dry powder measurements by volume, I believe 1/5 pouch is about 2/3 cup. I think you would need to experiment to see how to get exactly 5 portions the same size.

If you are trying to measure the oil by volume, 2 fluid ounces is 4 tablespoons or 12 teaspoons. If you divide by 5, you get 2 and 2/5 teaspoon. You can probably approximate this as 2 teaspoons and 1/3 or 1/2 teaspoon. Or 1/2 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon. Or maybe a bit more than 3/4 tablespoon.

THIS for sure has been the easiest way for me to divide the powder! :slight_smile: