400 lb 65 y/o Type II Diabetic & life long food addict, Soylent effects Miraculous

Updates?

For better or for worse, we still care, and you’re not forgotten.

I was thinking the same thing the other day.

As was I. :slight_smile:

I have gained about 15 lbs. I keep eating although I feel full. Having a difficult time stopping myself even though it should be as easy, I logically tell myself that i don’t need the extra food and to stop eating but my follow through isn’t there.

Can confirm. It’s what’s kept me alive (along with meds later in life).

@mtandy,

Your story about how you lost weight has inspired me to gain weight.

j/k

So how is it going?

I’ve gotta get serious about dropping some lbs too now. Been plumping up tooo much

@mtandy what’s the news on your side

Embarrassed to reply 3/16/2017 391 lbs. Have made very slight progress 23 hrs a day I pay for the consequences of what I do for 1 hr a day. But I’ll never give up.

A rough place to be, but I’m still pulling for your success.

I absolutely love how honest this is. Everyone loves a success story but it’s never that easy. It’s a constant battle. I am proud of you for keeping at it even though you’ve had pitfalls. It’s inspiring!

@mtandy FYI, some people are still on this damn forum like barnacles, myself included, so don’t you forget to keep us updated! Progress or not, Soylent or not, we’re still pulling for you.

May 18th 2017 Weight 400 lbs. Each day I think about Soylent yet succumb to “Just one more meal”. I 'll start my Soylent program tomorrow". and then I’d get an email through this “forum” like

"Updates? For better or for worse, we still care, and you’re not forgotten."
or
"A rough place to be, but I’m still pulling for your success."
or
FYI, some people are still on this damn forum like barnacles, myself included, so don’t you forget to keep us updated! Progress or not, Soylent or not, we’re still pulling for you.

and it would penetrate through the fog of my addictive thinking.

1. So one day I took my Soylent container from the back of the counter(where it had been sitting for 5 months to the front.

2. The next day I rewashed it out.

3. The next day I MADE SOYLENT.

4. The next day I drank one portion (500cc)

5. The next day I got weighed. (400lbs)

6. I have not started my chicken/broccoli… baked fish/ broccoli routine yet, But I’m rebuilding the habit of Soylent for at least one to two meals a day.

I am now on my second batch of Soylent.

Thanks to all. Actually cannot say thanks enough. Would not not have made this “progress” without your support.

Keep the updates coming! We will keep the nudges coming and remain barnacles :slight_smile:

As someone who started at over 400 pounds and, after a year, is now well under 400 pounds I can sympathize with where you are. What is working for me is Soylent lunches. After six months I’ve even found I’m typically down to 1/2 a serving for lunch.
Small steps, be consistent (for me an occasional indulgence has helped). Best to you.

Thanks and congratulations

I haven’t posted in this thread before but have been following it. Based on your commitment to these updates and the steps you are currently taking, I truly believe you have the power to stick with it and continue making progress - as you’re no doubt aware, it’s going to be tough, but you can do it. Best of luck.

Appreciate it thank you.

Just searched Soylent and Diabetes here and stumbled on your thread. What an inspiring story. This thread really reads like a biography. I wish you the best mtandy and I hope you are well.

I hope there is more to add to this saga.

Mtandy, I hope you’re doing well. I just scrolled through a roller coaster of emotions skimming this forum. I want to say, regardless of how much you’ve gained back GOOD FUCKING JOB. 100lbs is no joke. Think about where you’d be now if you hadn’t lost that 100 lbs in the first place. One thing came to mind when you were talking about always going back for one more meal, or the food thoughts hitting at 9pm. Maybe try mixing up some soylent and putting in a cooler, then actually physically locking/chaining your fridge closed for the day. Not sure if it’d work, but the thought occurred to me. Of course you could get past it but the physical barrier could help you fight your mental battles. I WISH YOU LUCK!

Congratulations on your success. I am doing a similar plan as you are! I wish you continued success in your journey. Please continue to keep us updated on your progress.