400 lb 65 y/o Type II Diabetic & life long food addict, Soylent effects Miraculous

I still read this thread - to the OP I hope you are doing the best you can do - we all root for you!

When I first found Soylent it was amazeballz. Give me nutrition! I’m bad at the math so eating the nutrition in a serving of Soylent and eating THIS many times a day I didn’t need to worry about anything else.

This worked for me, for about a year - close to two. I lost 60 pounds. 24% of my weight.

Then the cravings came. I binged, I hated myself, I negotiated with myself - it was like the stages of death… and I lost… no I gained, I gained it all back.

Life is busy and grabbing Soylent was easy. Just like fast food. A bottle of this instead the dollar menus of that - and I could keep track. I was better than the other person that chose the dollar menu because I was consuming complete nutrition

Soylent is not a cure and it was never designed to be. This was a hard lesson to learn, understand, and comprehend.

Soylent is for when you, a person - with all the other alternatives - doesn’t have the time, patience, availability, of a meal that fits within your own nutritional guidelines you set for yourself.

Soylent is great, I still eat it to this day - but it seems like a lot of people are searching for a cure… a cure for maybe hunger, maybe nutrition, maybe image, general weight.

Soylent is a tool, use the tool, use it smart, use it for your own personal needs.

Thank you VERY wise words.

What’s the latest, @mtandy?

When I weighed this month it was on a different scale. For consistency I use the data. I’ll see what it is around the 16th of this month. Thank you for asking.

I agree that soylent isn’t a cure, that it’s a tool. I thought it was a cure for a while at first and actually ended up binging on the soylent. (Sounds crazy I know.) Now I just use it maybe once or twice a month if I am in a super hurry and need to speed off to somewhere. Thank you for sharing your experience :slight_smile:

Sept. 18, 2018 Tuesday 391.4 lb.
A .2 lb gain in 2 months is realistically equivocal (but not acceptable).

I feel your pain, I’ve been hitting the gym about three times a week for a few months now, and so far have experienced a grand total of about 3 pounds of weight loss. Then yesterday the scale showed that two of those pounds had returned… sigh Getting one’s diet under control is a difficult thing to do. But it’s worth it! Here’s to faster progress! :green_salad:

I wish you success in your journey.

If you are hitting the gym with any effectiveness you may be replacing fat with muscle.
Start taking measurements at various parts of the body as your checkpoint.

They’ll be more helpful than body weight anyway.

Thank you for you post.

How are you doing ? As a fellow in the trenches struggling is real. Just here to encourage your journey :sunglasses::sunglasses:

One day at a time. I’ll see what has happened around the 16th when I weigh. Thank you

such post as yours, mtandy, is really miraculous and super helpful to my opinion. this offers people hope and desire to keep fighting. your post is motivational!
and also, come with updates after this:

thanks again!

Mtandy it’s been a while since I’ve posted but I am still popping in here every two weeks or so to see what’s been going on! I’m happy to report that I’m finally getting back on track a little bit with weight loss after breaking up with a boy that was no good for my mind or belly. I don’t know where I’m at weight wise, becuase I’m kind of afraid to look at the scale after gaining some weight back, but I know that I’m making progress and I’m going to make continued efforts. I’d say I’d wish you luck but we gotta remember it’s not about that! It’s about the choices you make daily. Remember that you’re accountable for your actions! I hope we get some good news from you here in a few days <3

yes yes yes the choices I make daily