400 lb 65 y/o Type II Diabetic & life long food addict, Soylent effects Miraculous

March 17, 2016 Thursday. “Weigh Day 318” . Lost 14 lbs!!! so in 274 days I’ve lost 76 lbs total. Had to make some clothing adjustments, they were getting ridiculously big on me. Wife was very happy to help me pick out some new ones. Soylent has been a “gift from the gods” for me. To be continued…

Fantastic progress! And I’m impressed with how well you’ve gotten right back on track following the holidays. Keep it up!

You’re on course to be down by over 100 pounds before you hit twelve months… that should take you below the 300 mark. Awesome!

Keep on keepin’ on!

I think I know where your lost weight has been going. Consider it found.

Nice job! Don’t buy too many new cloths yet, I made that mistake and my new cloths don’t fit me anymore, pft! What a problem to have eh! Congrats on your success!

April 18, 2016 Monday. “Weigh Day 305” . Lost 13 lbs!!! so in 307 days I’ve lost 92 lbs total! I was was able for the first time in DECADES to put on a pair of socks completely by myself. This ability gives me significantly more personal freedom. I have now rediscovered my “secondary wardrobe” (morbidly obese people usually have more than one) and have put away my scrub tops & stretchy shorts for knit shirts & dress shorts Soylent has been a “gift from the gods” for me. To be continued…

Well, crap. You are going to overtake me soon at this rate! Good Job!

This is my favorite thread on the forum.

Congrats! I just read over this thread and it looks like it’s been a journey.

First timer. I have a series of weight loss/nutrition questions

This thread is riveting… I cannot wait for season two.

May 18, 2016 Tuesday. Weigh Day I am 297 lbs. Lost 8 lbs!!! so in 335 days I’ve lost 100 lbs total!!! A milestone!!! I now weigh what I did in the late 1990’s. 140 lbs to go. Long acting insulin down to 35 units @ HS. fast acting insulin is DC (discontinued) unless it’s the “8th day” (I do my Soylent regimen 7 days a week but on the 8th day I eat whatever I want in any quantity I want). Hgb A1c is 5.9 Have had to punch some extra holes in my belts. My stomach is about 5" from the steering wheel instead of rubbing against it. That said the week before last was a rough one. My body just seemed to rebel against the chicken/fish veg. so I listened to it and ate out 3x that week then restarted the 8 day count and eliminated all condiments adding them back one at a time to find the one causing my stomach to rebel. My stomach is happiest with Soylent. Will continue adding the condiments back one at a time after the 8th day. Never seem to have an issue on the 8th day though. Have begun to learn that the new size of my stomach just can’t keep up with what my brain (through my eyes) wants to eat. I begin to feel FULL then STUFFED (new feelings for me as I’m not used to feeling hungry or full). Soylent has been a “gift from the gods” for me. Thanks Rob Rhineheart, MentalNomad, and others.

Way to go. You’ve done this at a steady pace and have not let small setbacks sabotage your resolve. Inspirational !:clap::clap::clap:

You are very inspirational!!!

Keep up the good work : ]

Is the June update incoming? :slight_smile:

have been in 2 different hospitals for testing over the 17th time frame next up date in July. Thanks it’s been challenging.

OMG I hope you’re ok :cry: :cry: :cry:

-prayers-

yes thanks (must be 20 characters)

July 21, 2016 Tuesday. Weigh Day I am 326 lbs. gained 29 lbs in 2 months. Reached a point where one of the seasonings I was using was causing me indigestion after about 30 min everyday. Got to the point where I didn’t want to look at broccoli/chicken/fish. Started to eat other things & coupled with being in the hospital it didn’t take long for the weight to start coming back on. (after all I am a food addict) I’m still struggling at this point.

I’ve slid back myself, dust off and go again. Now you not only know that you can do it, but you also now know how to do it. The big thing for me all my life (other than the plump, stout, fluffies) was I had no idea where to start, or how to get healthier. Now I do, and so do you.

Also remember that you may have slid back one step, but first you took four steps forward. You really are a long way from where you started, even after slipping, just stop the slide now and you will do great.

Official Weight Loss Thread

Sorry to hear about your backslide and I don’t know all the details of what’s going on with you but look at the big picture and keep in mind that even with your backslide you’re way ahead of where you started. Just try to stop the backslide without any thought’s of having to lose further weight.

And after the backslide is stabilized and if eventually you think you can lose more, then great. But even if you never decide you can lose more, then just maintain where you are, which is a lot better than where you started.

Hang tough, dude. We’re all pulling for you.