"8 tech trends that are shaking up real estate"

Admittedly, this is a bit of a stretch. (real estate?)

However, Soylent gets some love at #8 on this list.

Edit: Here is the relevant portion of the article if the link doesn’t work:

8. Liquid meals

The best-known example is Soylent, a powder that supposedly gives you all the nutrients you need. The idea of liquid meals is to eliminate the time it takes to prepare and eat a traditional meal.

OK, so the notion that liquid meals are impacting real estate is a stretch.

But given the unpredictable and sometimes-chaotic nature of a real estate agent’s day-to-day, it’s easy to see how agents might turn to this type of sustenance more often than most people.

Have to join to read the article. Booooo

Hmm. I thought they might say something about people renting kitchen-less apartments because they subsist entirely on Soylent and restaurant meals. But no.

Here is the relevant part of the article if the above link doesn’t work anymore.

8. Liquid meals

The best-known example is Soylent, a powder that supposedly gives you all the nutrients you need. The idea of liquid meals is to eliminate the time it takes to prepare and eat a traditional meal.

OK, so the notion that liquid meals are impacting real estate is a stretch.

But given the unpredictable and sometimes-chaotic nature of a real estate agent’s day-to-day, it’s easy to see how agents might turn to this type of sustenance more often than most people.

Exactly my first thoughts.

Maybe I’m stating the obvious, but the current recipe is surely reducing the need for vast swathes of agriculture real estate.

It’s interesting to consider how much the world would change if everyone stopped eating meat, for example. Or even cut their meat intake in half.

Reminds me of this video Gates posted a few weeks ago

This guy is a great author.

This will change everything. The kind of houses people buy, agriculture, meat industry, water consumption, paper consumption, health care industry, travel and transport etc etc etc. It could change everything about everything.

Most of all…it changes people!

Hey this could be soylent’s tagline…‘Soylent changes you’!

“Soylent makes people live more green.” ?

There was a post from a person with a profile name ‘obvious throwaway’. Read how he felt on soylent. There were a few more people who reported feeling more energitic, active, motivated.

Inquirer, a few weeks back i took 25000 IU vit A pills once a day for a few days to reduce eyestrain (my food didnt give me any), and i have noticed then my mental aggression or probably ‘irritability’ too had come down a little. I am not sure if its because of those pills or something else but the timing made me curious. I suppose a balanced diet truly makes us ‘balanced’ too.

If you already read this, then dont bother replying :smile: