A couple of questions about sodium, electrolytes, and working out

On most days when I don’t work out, I’m doing 100% Soylent 2.0 (2000 calories), which I guess gives me only 65% of my recommended daily sodium. On workout days, I do the same but also throw in some food right after: usually a 200-calorie pre-made Muscle Milk, a 210-calorie RX Bar for extra protein, and a sandwich. (Open to suggestions about all of that; I don’t necessarily know what I’m doing.)

For a few reasons, I think I’m not getting enough electrolytes when I work out. I don’t want to mess with sugary sports drinks, I gather coconut water is too low in sodium, and I’d love to get as close as possible to exactly what I need, no more and no less.

1. Should I just add salt to my Soylent? If so, how much?

2. Are electrolyte tablets worth it?

3. Whatever it is I go with, when should I do it in relation to a workout? Before? After? Both? (Preferably not during, just for convenience, but I’ll do what I’ve gotta do.)

4. Any better options I haven’t thought of?

Thanks!

I wonder the same thing. I eat enough “normal” food to get the salt I need, and I don’t have any symptoms of low sodium, but when I got a couple days with only Soylent I always wonder if I should supplement.

There is an old thread on this with a lot of debate over correct sodium levels.

Thanks! I just went through that thread and found it helpful as background, but it doesn’t address workout-specific needs. (I’ve edited the title of this thread to clarify that that’s what I’m asking about.)