A fart experiment

I let my first shipment of Soylent 1.5(28 bags) last form the beginning of July to the end of August. My farts smelled Terrible. Then the bulk discount got removed so I paused my subscription. I resumed it after the price drop. Yesterday, I went on 100% Soylent 1.5 and again my farts smelled bad. I have 12 bottles of Soylent 2.0. Is it too early to switch from 1.5 to 2.0 to test if my farts will stink? Is there any still in my system? I have a feeling I’m unable to digest brown rice protein well, and that’s causing the smell.

It takes 6-8 hours for food to travel though your body.

Probably give it full day before…measuring… you farts.

1.5 made my farts smell bad too, and there were lots of them. It wasn’t nearly as bad as some earlier versions though. I wanted to adjust to it but whenever I wouldn’t drink it for a couple of days I would realize how nice it was to not have so much gas.

I drank two bottles of 2.0 yesterday. Today what little gas I had was noticeably ODORLESS. Could it be the Isomaltooligosaccharide? Aw yeah. I just drank another bottle and man, this stuff goes down really easy. Things look promising so far but I’ll need a week or two to really know, we’ll see…

It’s your GI bacteria breaking down soylent. Yes you need more than a couple days. I see a decrease on the weekend (likely due to less of the substrate for that particular type of bacteria to break down because I’m not consuming soylent) but it’s not 100% resolved