A more sterile working environment is necessary

I recently watched this documentary on soylent and I was appalled by the environment soylent is produced in. The warehouse seemed to actually be rat infested and it didn’t look like the sort of environment a product meant for consumption should be produced in.

With all the money Soylent was given, I find it despicable that they are unable to to create a more sterile working area.

Does Soylent have any plans to upgrade their facilities? Because I for one am not confordable eating something produced near rats.

They did so a long time ago.

Is Soylent the most expensive way to get food for the world?

Yeah, I understand the urge to get righteously indignant but please check out the link that @ruipacheco posted, we’ve addressed these concerns extensively.

I moved 7 posts to a new topic: Is Soylent the most expensive way to get food for the world?

So, back on the original topic, I sort of wonder if there might be value in contacting Vice and requesting an addendum with a link to that blog post…

I mean, they waited sort of a long time to post the article, and without context of that time gap it is a bit, er… implicative of some rather inaccurate standards. Anyone who spends time looking up Soylent is going to figure it out, but a lot of the internet goes by first impressions, and fearmongering is a powerful thing.

The way I saw it was that Vice was intentionally fear mongering and trying to keep people away from Soylent.

I may be biased though, as I’ve been enthusiastically following @rob from the start.

The vice article is sort of weird, because yeah, fully half of the article almost seems written specifically to discourage Soylent… but then in just a few places, he pretty much flat out says “yeah this is a decent idea, and works”.