Advertising student hoping you'll share your motivations!

Hello! I am an advertising student in college currently working on an integrated campaign for Soylent. (Because I am a student this is technically a mock campaign, and will not be used for any other purposes than for my portfolio).

I have been doing as much research as I can about Soylent, but would really appreciate if any of you would be willing to share your motivations for trying/sticking to the product.

I am hoping to try it myself, but see that it will be a few months before I am able to and I am on a short deadline.

Anyways, I’d love to hear what got you started on Soylent and what factors helped you make the decision to try it.

Thanks so much in advance!

I support your project because I support students. I am a university professor. I think you will find that there are two camps in Soylent world, We might call them meal replacement and meal supplement. I am on the latter, I use Soylent when I can’t get to a meal. There is a good historical precedent for compressed foods also though. I am trying to post some thoughts here about historical compressed foods as well. Let me know if I can help your research.

I’m not sure I fit the demographic you are looking for but I use my own DIY soylent. I use it for several reasons

1. I didn’t want to wait for official Soylent
  2. I can make my own for a fraction of the cost
  3. I can hit any calorie count and macronutrient profile I want
  4. I have noticed an increase in my weight lifting performance.
  5. It has had a number of noticeable health improvements. ( lower blood pressure, lower resting heart rate, less dry skin and hair)

There’s a whole thread somewhere on the various reasons/motivations people have for using Soylent. I can’t seem to find it but maybe someone else can provide a link.

Or–

Here you go, this should help some, and [here’s another] (http://discourse.soylent.me/t/demographics-main-goal-weightloss-main-goal-convenience/15533).

For me it’s general health, weight loss, convenience, and cost. This is a much healthier and more complete option than the SAD food I was eating before, I’ve lost weight, food prep is quick and easy, and I’m saving a lot of cash.

FYI, I’m currently doing DIY, but have Soylent available as well.

I originally bought Soylent to make my bodybuilding efforts a lot more efficient and streamlined. My plan was to drink it for most of my meals and mix it with protein powders to get my needed caloric intake of carb, fats, and protein. I would have eaten a solid meal only once or twice a day, depending on the day and how full I felt. Cooking, preparing and shopping for food takes up a lot of time and Soylent would have definitely saved me in the time and money department if I was still using it for my intended purpose.

Due to circumstances of life, I’m now just using it for a lot of my meals throughout the week. Doesn’t taste like I would’ve have wanted but when I do start using it for my original purpose there will be plenty of protein powders and fruits I can use to add some flavor.