Hi guys, I’ve been living off this for a few days
It’s a blend which is almost identical to soyHD. It tastes good and my energy and hunger levels throughout the day are pretty good
The changes i have made is adding a little bit more olive oil, tinkering with the ratio of carbs and protein a bit, and taking out the potassium gluconate and magnesium citrate (i feel i get enough from the other sources so i can avoid using these supplements. I’m also a little scared of them!)
I also use a little less xanthan gum (i prefer it thinner) and some other very minor modifications
A little about me, i weigh 70kg and i do frequent weight training (heavy powerlifting and olympic lifting) at least 3x a week. I’ve always lived a very healthy lifestyle
I do however, have a few quesitons for other DIY soylenters out there.
Firstly, there is quite a lot of it! A days worth is 2500 cals and roughly ends up as 20 scoops of 70ml. Right now, i try to eat about 4-5 meals a day each consisting of 4-5 scoops with an equal amount of water. Basically, i have about 1400ML of powder, which is quite a lot! Are other soylent blends like this?
How do you guys feel about the nutrition of my blend? On paper it seems good, and it tastes fantastic! The mix of carbs really helps the taste and gives a good steady release of energy throughout the day
Has anyone used a blend similar to this one?
When i started this i got a sore throat and some very mild cold like symptoms (blocked nose at night + sore throat in mornings). I kind of doubt this illness is related to my blend or consumption of soylent. On the bristol stool scale i’ve been getting very dark stool on the scale of 5. I feel this may be due to the illness but i’m not sure. I’m hoping that my illness clears up in a few days and i can continue testing. I’ve been having about 1 “normal” meal every other day so far for the last 4 days so maybe i’ve eaten something bad.
I’m pretty sure the fiber content for my blend is OK so yeah, i’m not so sure really.
Does anyone know good ways of increasing the fiber content? Any suggestions?
Someone in the soyHD comments mentioned that this blend may contain hidden large amounts of maganese in the oat flour which could be dangerous. Any comments? Do you feel that this blend would be safe to consume for the majority of my diet? (>90%, the other 10% being snack/junk/pleasure/fun/social food)
I’ll continue eating this diet and report back on how things go! I’m feeling great (save for my illness) so far and hopefully things go well. Feel free to ask me any questions also