Advice for a new user

Hey everyone! I was wondering what kind of advice you would give to a first time soylent user. Thus far, I have been able to substitute two of my meals for meal replacement drinks (phood), and watch a bunch of YouTube videos on soylent. What are the things you wish you knew before substituting your meals with soylent? Has it been sustainable? Have there been any drawbacks you wish you knew of? I also wanted to know if you guys had a referral discount code I might be able to use.

There are really only two tips that I have to add.

There’s some kind of psychological connection with eating and chewing. I’m not sure how exactly it’ll affect you, but I feel like if I don’t chew I get more hungry, so I end up chewing gum throughout the day.

I personally prefer to sip on my Soylent all day rather than chug down a bottle all at once. I feel like if I drink the bottle quick I’m way too full, then a few hours later I’m hungry. But if I sip on a bottle over like three hours then I stay at a constant state of content, not hungry or full, and I end up needing less food later.

I find it really interesting that comment about eating and chewing being connected. I’ve heard that many times but personally haven’t found it at all (I must be weird).
My big advice — don’t guzzle your Soylent. Pretend you’re eating and treat each sip like a bite.

I started out by committing to 100% Soylent for 30 days to get myself used to it. These days I’m on about 90% Soylent.

Are you a powder user or a 2.0 user?

That one day it would be completely unavailable :canada::us::exploding_head::fire:

I’m the exact opposite. For me, one of the benefits of Soylent is the entire meal (from “cooking” to “washing dishes”) is 20-seconds. I drink the entire bottle in a few sips, and don’t find myself feeling too full, or being hungry a few hours later.

Tip: if you plan on drinking less than a full pitcher over the course of (what was it two days? Three?) Or if you just plan to drink it when you don’t have time for other food/ when you don’t really feel like your other food options, go for 2.0, and powder if you plan to drink it more frequently, are willing to portion and prepare single servings, or want to minimize cost as much as possible. Also I heard a while back that you can abuse amazon’s subscription pricing by having mutiple subscriptions set at bi montly that are set about a month apart to reduce cost further

Also I heard a while back that you can abuse amazon’s subscription pricing by having mutiple subscriptions set at bi montly that are set about a month apart to reduce cost further

Actually, there is no abuse involved, as you can set and change your subscriptions to any interval of time from every 1 month to every 6 months, and you can also move your delivery date up to the current month (if you need something earlier) or push back the delivery to next month. I find Amazon’s subscription system extremely flexible.

What I generally do is Soylent for breakfast and Soylent for lunch throughout the work week. It’s quick, easy, and relatively cheap. While consuming it, I sip and chew. Not that there is much to actually chew, but it’s a force of habit.

Is there anything that I wish I knew sooner though? Let’s see, maybe that a food scale is super useful?

Meanwhile, plenty of times I just drain the whole bottle without putting it down. Sometimes I have my two for the day in the airport because I forgot to drink it and the whole security check line gets to “see something real special” as Joey once said on Friends.

I’ve been using Soylent for 4 years and I never chew while drinking. I’d say I’m about 75% Soylent now, though I went 100 percent many months.