Any updates on international shipping?

Curious as to whether or not international shipping will be a thing anytime soon… and if not, as to what the hold up is? Would it not be possible to open up shipping to one country at a time?

Are there any plans for international orders?
Official subscription customer feedback

I seem to remember talk of Canada being added soon but I can’t remember if that was an official Soylent stance or just speculation. @Conor should be able to tell us.

There hasn’t been any official mention of it beyond “it’s a priority.”

It’s been a “priority” for a while. I’m curious about this too. They haven’t even added an international method of adding a billing address to their order form for those of us who use Reshippers or pick it up across the border.

Eve

It’s official, we will be moving into Canada soon. We are getting all our ducks in a row.

@EveB we are actively working on it. We don’t want to be in the situation we were in recently, with a multi month backlog. So we have chosen a slower steadier pace.

They also recently said they plan to be in Asia within two years, but no real dates have been given for anything.

Thanks for the update!

As a Canadian, I approve :smile:

I can’t friggin’ wait. Going thru a reshipper does work, but it’s added time + expense.

I hope the switch/update for existing Canadian customers will be as simple as changing the mailing address on the customer portal. :sunrise_over_mountains:

@Conor - And Europe?

No timeline I can offer up yet. But we are actively working on it.

I’m curious. How is properly designing the order form so that the billing address can be a different country from the shipping address contributing to a “backlog”?

All I want is to have Soylent shipped to a reshipper without additional hassle.

My impression is the re shipper will be unnecessary once they open shipping to Canada. Maybe the backlog concern is anticipated glut of new orders.

They will. But that doesn’t affect the situation in the interim. I’ve been on this issue for months. Other suppliers are able to handle it even though they don’t ship to Canada directly either. I can’t figure out why Soylent can’t.

And you’ll notice that the “backlog” comment is a response to my issue about the badly programmed customer service site.

We are taking the slow and steady approach, we will enter countries one at a time. We don’t want another backlog issue, but we also want to make sure we conform with all regulations associated with our product. We understand the demand is there, but cation is the path we are taking with regards to expansion.

But Conor, that’s not the issue. I’m already using the re-shipper, and I order from other organizations (including powdered food) with no problem at their websites. What you seem to be saying is that you don’t want to sell to people who live in other countries and it’s a bit late in the game for you to say that.

Have you even looked at what we have to go through to order your product if our billing (not shipping) address is in a different country?

I come from a land down under
Sadly, the soylent does not flow
But we do have aussielent, which is an expensive imitation. I was going to say cheap imitation or poor imitation, but it’s neither - it does the job, at a price.

I for one can’t wait to get the real deal in Australia and New Zealand.

In the meantime, if anyone is interested in an exchange sample arrangement, I can send 3 day packs of aussielent (1 premium, 1 chocolate, and 1 vegan vanilla) in return for 3 day packs of soylent 1.5. We pay each others freight (or postage, assuming it is tracked) you need to know the premium pack has an expiry date of July 31, and that version is no longer offered for sale by aussielent. This is just a one time arrangement as I am curious to see how the real product compares.

Dm me if you are interested.

Soooooooooooooon… *twiddles thumbs*

Shipping to Canada now. A promise of opening up to some European countries at some point in the near future.

SWEET. You’ve made my day. I have no clue how I missed that XD

In other news, I was sent a 15% off coupon code a while back that I’m attempting to use and it’s telling me it’s invalid… Granted, I’m attempting to use it on a subscription >.> … but if that’s the issue, the error message is quite vague