Anyone selling their DIY?

While I wait 10-12 weeks for product, my impatience is escalating quickly.

However, I don’t want to spend a few hundred bucks on recipe components, scales, etc. I just want to sample some stuff. Priorities would be non- gritty, non- chalky, and gluten free.

Anyone want to sell me some of their recipe to try?

**UPDATE: Thanks to this thread, I’ve started selling DIY at my new website, Custom Body Fuel! :smiley: Please check it out if you’re thinking of buying some… **

As a DIYer, I’ll tell you that it’s not as much work as it might seem. :wink:

But sure, if you only want to try a few days or a week’s worth, it would probably be cheaper to buy it from someone. What did you have in mind?

Anything missing? (Schmoylent, Schmilk, Athlete/Keto/Light Fuel)

I want to get a good idea of what I like, taste and texture-wise, THEN learn how to make it… Just like I would with conventional food… “Ooh, that’s yummy, can I get the recipe?”.

I do have official soylent on order, but we are also moving overseas at the end of the year so DIY may become a necessity at that point. (Unless I want to mess around with reshippers.)

Cool.

So if and when you decide exactly how much you want to order, and what kind (as close to official Soylent as possible, my own recipe, flavored or unflavored, something else), then let me know and I’ll see if I have time to make it for you, and we can work out the details.

I am thinking about a hundred bucks worth? Chocolate would be nice.

Okay, so maybe two weeks of DIY, at cheaper-than-official-Soylent prices? Can you supply the oil, or do you need that too?

I can supply it if you tell me what I need.

I use olive oil; some people use soybean oil. I find it’s a lot easier to add the oil as a later step (like official Soylent) rather than trying to add it to the powder ahead of time.

What’s your current diet like? I can adjust the carb/protein/fat ratio to match more closely…

My current diet is unpredictable. Plus too much chocolate. :slight_smile:

The main thing is that any oat flour would have to be gluten free. Mass harina is grittier right?

Actually I could add the gluten free oat flour after the fact since it is a special item most people wouldn’t have.

Okay, should I assume conventional carb/protein/fat ratios, like 50/20/30 then? I think the official Soylent uses that. I use less carbs and more fat myself… Maybe I should just give you my recipe anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

The oat flour I’m using is gluten free. Masa harina is a bit grittier but I let the whole thing soak in the fridge for a few hours before I eat it anyway, which gets rid of the problem.

Do you have any other food allergies or intolerances?

Switching over to private message…

I’d also be interested… any chance you’d take someone else up on the offer? I tried finding a way to PM you but I couldn’t.

I make excellent People Chow DIY Soylent (Most popular recipe) Id sell. I’ve been living off it exclusively for 3+ months, never felt better!

IT’S PEOPLEEEEEEEEEEEE. /soylent green

Let me get the first batch in my belly and I will holler at ya. :slight_smile:

Not anymore theyre not lol @The

@isaac_norwich, yeah, I’d consider it. Part of the reason I decided to do this for @marion is that I underestimated how much work it would be, but… heh, it’s also kind of fun. :slight_smile:

If you click on my profile, you should see a button to send me a private message.

For all who may be interested, I ended up crafting a custom recipe for @marion, tailored to a female nutrient profile, at 1800 calories a day. I call it… Marion Chow.

Lots of chocolate in that one! :wink: For anyone doing female recipes, I found that’s an easy way to add iron without increasing calories too much.

I made two weeks of Marion Chow yesterday. Took a couple hours but I ran out of cocoa powder partway through, haha. :stuck_out_tongue:

Going to ship on Monday.

@marion, People Chow is just a simpler, cheaper recipe tailored to a male nutrient profile (which Marion Chow is based on, but much more elaborated thanks to my last two months of experimentation). If you want, I could swap in a day’s worth of that just for comparison. That way you wouldn’t have to bother @Rishkoi with a big order until you know if you like it or not.

Not trying to steal business from @Rishkoi though. I’m not that masochistic, wanting to spend all my time pretending to be an assembly line worker in some sort of processed food factory. The more DIYers selling their stuff (in the lull before Soylent shipping is smoothly underway) the better. :slight_smile:

Either I’m a lot less smart that I thought or I’m not able to send you a private message because I only created my account today. @Rishkoi and @axcho can you both please PM me?

I guess all I’m wondering is how willing you are to do it and what price you’d like and we can go from there. Don’t get me wrong I’m not trying to pit you two against each other, but trying to contact you both haha.

Ah, makes sense. Sent you a message. :wink:

I’m interested in buying someone’s DIY as well. Signed up just to express interest. Can’t figure out how to send a private message from the browser on my phone.