Anyone Tried Probiotics To Prevent Gas?

Comments in the various gas discussion threads blame the gas that many report on the impact of radically changing your diet on the flora of the stomach. I noticed recently that probiotics are specifically marketed as a way to help with this sort of thing. Has anyone used a probiotic during the switch to Soylent who could share an experience?

I am still waiting on my order, so I can’t share any experience yet.

Thank you.

Live Probiotics

I imagine that Probiotics can’t hurt when beginning on Soylent, but from what I learned in another thread, it comes down to the balance between the gas producing and gas consuming flora + how much you consume within a short time period. The more you eat, the more tasty stuff the gas making flora can make in laymen terms and the gas consuming flora will not be able to keep up. I guess thats why some people are reporting that it goes away after a week or more.

I am on Soylent for 40+ days. The gas does not go away.

Mind you, I am having Soylent for 5-6 days a week, not 7 days a week.

I purchased probiotics a week ago. It has helped significantly. It does not eliminate it, but I would say a 90% decrease would be a reasonable estimate. I feel much, much better with the probiotics. I bought a generic off-the-counter from my local grocery store.

Have you tried doing what MattCauble suggested?

Yes but for diy only…So far it’s working perfectly, but I don’t know if it’s the probiotic or just the diy…need official soylent to test…

I tried it, but only for 4 days. I didn’t notice a difference.

I noticed a huge difference when I remembered to take my probiotic. Mine has L. acidophilus, L. casei, L. plantarum, L. rhamnosus, B. lactis, B. longum, and S. thermophilus in it.

@ ILoveLamp - Which probiotic? (Amazon link would be usefur.)

I bought it at a store, but this is the brand and type.