Arsenic in Soylent?

Bfchgchgcng bggyghg jgugyghfu kk

All the ingredients get tested in an RFI facility prior to production for any contaminates. So while there shouldn’t been any arsenic in the rice protein for Soylent, if there is, RFI should find it before it gets to be a health issue.

plus the beta testers get tests done

From what I read from the Soylent and RFI manufacturing process, if the amounts of arsenic are at a dangerous level they wont use the ingredient.

In the United States, since 2006, the maximum concentration in drinking water allowed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is 10 ppb[111] and the FDA set the same standard in 2005 for bottled water.[112][113][unreliable source?] The Department of Environmental Protection for New Jersey set a drinking water limit of 5 ppb in 2006.[114]
In 2008, based on its ongoing testing of a wide variety of American foods for toxic chemicals,[115] the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
set 23 ppb as the “level of concern” for inorganic arsenic apple and
pear juices based on non-carcinogenic effects, and began refusing
imports and demanding recalls for domestic products exceeding this
level.[112]

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenic#Toxicity_and_precautions ) Sounds like since it passed through customs it shouldn’t be a problem, and is regulated in the US. It may not however be regulated in other countries. While this may be cause for concern, the US wont import anything outside the tolerance range.

I knew there was a marketing angle to all this. Introducing Soylent, the new homeopathic remedy for amongst other things… Arsenic poisoning

Things like that are often alarmist, and what “high” means is relative and often poorly misunderstood.

It could be saying arsenic levels are twice as high as they expect, but that wouldn’t necessarily translate into something dangerous. You often see stories like “If you eat too much of X, it will cause issues!”, where “too much” is basically “exclusively it eat for months on end”.
Without more detail, its impossible to say whether the arsenic in rice is actually worrysome, whether that applied to the source of rice soylent uses, and if it does, whether enough of the arsenic would remain in the part of rice soylent uses, and if so whether the volume in soylent would therefor be an issue.
In the absence of that, I would judge that since soylent itself is getting inspected (and it is being analyzed 12 ways from sunday), if there were dangerous levels of things that it would be detected and addressed. So, unless you have more concrete evidence that something might be wrong, I wouldn’t worry.

While I’m not concerned about the arsenic thing, you do have to admit that this is kind of the reason Soylent exists…

For the record, apples have cyanide in their seeds too.

But soylent is not exclusively rice. Even if you exclusively eat soylent, its not that different from having rice as part of your meal on a regular basis.