Bad experience with uncooked rice flour

I just prepared a whole month batch of a Japanese soylent recipe (it’s not on this website, you can check it here -Japanese- http://seesaawiki.jp/soylent/d/PFJ%20latest%20version). I drank it for two days consecutively. The first day I felt very sick but I had also been drinking a bit of alcohol so I thought maybe it was because of that. But it keeps getting worse the second day (nausea, gases, low energy and a moderate stomachache). I believe the problem is it uses 132g of uncooked white rice flour per serving, but I’ve read in other posts uncooked white rice flour shouldn’t be a problem. The fact is that I’m feeling too bad as to keep trying.
I’ve read on other websites that uncooked rice is hard to digest, has large amounts of lectine, and is the carrier of bacillus cereus. I was wondering if the same has happened to someone else and how I could save this batch. Would putting the powder into the oven solve the problem? Is it possible to cook it dry? How long/at what temperature should I cook it?

Thank you in advance!

Note:
The ingredients (1 day, 3 meals) of the recipe are the following:
White rice flour 396 g
Kinako (roasted soybean flour) 142 g
Canola oil 27.7 g
Fish oil (I replace it with vegan supplement) 4.0 g
Vitamins and minerals supplement 1.5粒(2.29 g)
Betacarotene supp. 2粒 (0.43 g)
salt 2.5 g
Konbu powder 0.2 g
Soy lecitin 9 g
Xanthan gum 0.4 g
Saccharine sodium 100 mg
Indigestible dextrin 8.0 g

You can toast the flour in a pan or in the oven, that will make it a lot more digestible and taste better.

Also;
-once you’ve prepared a serving, let it sit at room temperature for 2-3 hours (this will help break down phytic acid)
-an enzyme pill will help with digesting all that flour.

Thank you Walster for your reply! :grin:
I just have a couple of questions:

1. How long should I roast it in the case I put the whole batch in the oven?

2. What kind of enzyme pill do you recommend for digesting rice flour? Do you think that would be effective?

3. Do you think roasting the rice flour and the konbu powder (or re-roasting the roasted soybean flour) would alter the nutritional profile (as provided by the USDA nutritional database)?

Thanks in advance!

I would recommend microwaving all raw flours on high for 2.5 minutes. That will accomplish the following:

• Reduce antinutrients, such as oxalates, saponins, polyphenols, phytic acid, and trypsin inhibitors.

• Sanitize the flour by reduction and inactivation of microorganisms.

• Inactivate fat-splitting enzymes.

I didn’t think the microwave would be effective! That’s really nice. I did it with the frypan and now have no bloating anymore. I will definitely try the microwave next time.