Been on my "SuperSoylent" for a week

So far, it’s been pretty easy going. Easier than I thought it would be. I wrote up a blog about my journey so far, because some of my friends have been asking. http://superrob.com/post/57800202134/drinking-my-way-to-better-health

Suffice it to say that my little experiment is working well so far. I’ve lost six pounds, so I’m finally back under 300. I feel better, I’m sleeping better, and I’m pretty excited about continuing on it.

More than anything, I feel like I know more about what’s going into my body now, more than I even did when I was cooking for myself, and certainly more than I did when I was eating out a lot. Crazy how a little knowledge can change your perspective.

Many thanks to everyone here whom I’ve been able to learn from, and in particular, @rob for his “crazy” idea, and @zach for his great recipe that I based mine on. And to anyone who’s thinking about doing this, arm yourself with as much information as you can, and then jump in with both feet. It’s definitely doable, especially if my lazy ass can do it! :slight_smile:

Not bad read. However I do have idea what to do with “residuals” left in bender after pouring out. Just add more water, blend some more and drink it before it settles? I don’t know what it would taste like. You will need water anyway since we do get most water from normal food and soylent do not add enough water as is.

Can you show me your recipe?

@eartheaters SuperRob’s SuperSoylent

Sounds like someone will dissolve their bones with phosphorus… and that someone is @SuperRob.
Your Calcium is not even maxed out, yet your Phosphorous exceeds even the FDA’s ridiculous UL.
With minimal Calcium : Phosphorus ratio = 2.5:1, and the cap for calcium still at 2.5g/day, the practical P UL for continuous consumption is actually as low as 1 g/day.

Hi SuperRob, I tried making your recipe last night. I don’t have a scale so I just used the conversions on the back of the packages (i.e. 1 serving = 2 tablespoons, 8g per serving) and I would just do the math. Luckily every amount was an easy conversion. Mixed it all up with 4 cups of water. It tasted ok at that point, kind of chalky. I put it in the fridge overnight and opened it up today and it was thick as jello. No matter I just got a spoon and tried to eat it. I couldn’t eat more than 4 spoonfuls, and I’m not a picky eater. It was kind of salty, tasted like I was eating raw flour, gritty and I had to wash down each scoop with a swig of beverage.
Any ideas where I messed up? Maybe just add more water?

The brown sugar lists 1.92 g when it really contains 1.92 mg.

Ok I just added 2 cups more water, put it in a blender, and managed to get it down.
I drank about 1/3 of the batch for breakfast. So far so good.