Besides a variety of different flavor options, what would you like to see in 1.8 that doesn't exist now in 1.7?

Besides a variety of different flavor options, what would you like to see in 1.8 that doesn’t exist now in 1.7?

LONGER SHELF LIFE!!! Also, bulk packaging.

Longer shelf life would be a definite plus.

Do people really want more powder flavours?

I sure don’t. …

At least a lower carb/higher protein option.

I don’t want anything that costs extra.

“I want it to cost more” said no one ever. Let’s just hope RF reduces cost faster than inflation increases it. Normal processed food price does increase over time, but they hide it by saying you get x% more free! But they increased it by y% (y > x) and increase the price by more than what y-x costs.

A ‘milk protein concentrate/isolate’ (Not whey) version. No more soy protein.

They’ve said that won’t ever happen. They won’t do rice, pea, etc either. It’s algal or nothing for the future.

Do you have a source for that?

Yes, multiple statements by RR etc but I don’t feel like Googling it for you. Basically, they are happy with soy (as they should be, it’s great) but look forward to lab-grown options.

It’s especially hard to Google if he never said that.

Believe whatever you want to believe. But as you’ve been told before - either take it to PM or stay silent.

It would have made more sense for you to PM your original claim to @Zenman rather than posting it in this thread for everyone to see and respond to. I don’t think challenging an unsourced quotation is against the forum rules?

AFAIK I’ve read every interview Rob Rhinehart has given, I’ve read all his AMA answers, and I read pretty much every article about Soylent I come across. Why is your statement unfamiliar to me if it originates with him? Wouldn’t it be simpler to find the source, if he said it?

We picked Soy protein isolate because it suited our needs. We are open to all vegan protein sources and regularly test our product formulations with different protein sources.

It is just fine the way it is. No flavors are required. It is too easy to do yourself

a non-soy version please. It seems I’ve become allergic or intolerant to soy. :frowning:

Yeah, I’ve been drinking soylent regularly for the past 2 years now & I’m beginning to suspect I have hypothyroidism. I haven’t seen a doctor yet, but nothing in my diet or lifestyle has changed, so it could also be Seasonal Affective Disorder.

a non-soy version please. It seems I’ve become allergic or intolerant to soy.

Here you go: no-soy powder, shipping to USA.