Best type of unsaturated fat

Hi!

I was thinking about the costs and benefits for rebalancing the unsaturated fats in Soylent 2.0.

Having a much higher proportion of polyunsaturated fats might be more beneficial for reducing risk of CVD in pretty much all populations.

EDITS FOR CLARIFICATION:

The best evidence shows that replacing saturated fats with polyunsaturated fats reduces risk of CVD, but that finding doesn’t hold true for other unsaturated fats. In addition, changing the proportion of types of unsaturated fats is different than replacing saturated fats with unsaturated fats, so these findings may not be applicable in this case.

(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26453280)

Does this benefit outweigh any benefits of the current proportions of unsaturated fats? Like, what are the benefits and reasoning behind them?

Fat content and types have been discussed quite a bit around the forum, so you might try a search for “monounsaturared” to see if it’s been talked about elsewhere. However, this specific question strikes me as novel since a lot of the talk previously was about whether 1.4 - 2.0’s unsaturated fat ratios were too high overall. I can’t address this intelligently, but maybe someone else with more knowledge on the subject will see the thread bump and chime in.