Beware! NOW Foods Magnesium Citrate powder is actually trimagnesium citrate

Magnesium citrate is water soluble and contains 11% magnesium by mass. Trimagnesium citrate is insoluble and contains 16% magnesium by mass. Apparently, in the supplement world, trimagnesium citrate is sometimes sold as magnesium citrate. Take care you not confuse the two, as too much magnesium can be a real problem.

Thanks, I purchased the tri-version and checked just to be sure, and found this post. You helped me with this post!

J

Is there any concern with it being insoluble vs water soluble?

I would like to make a recommendation here, I have used magnesium supplements way before soylent came around. My body is very sensitive to low magnesium levels and I experience cardiac issues so I know right away when I take a supplement that is junk.
I have used Pure Encapsulations magnesium citrate for years without any problems. I made a mistake of running out a couple of times and each time I used another brand I had issues. Now I purchase most of my supplements from this manufacturer as they have very strict quality control and their products are used in many clinical trials.

enter link description here

I use this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0002PU648/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?tag=19-82341-21

it says magnesium from magnesium citrate