Bismuth subgallate for flatulence odor

I’m looking at this product for dealing with flatulence odor but I’m wondering if it’s really safe to take bismuth.

Based on available evidence, the [Food and Drug Administration] is issuing a final monograph establishing conditions under which OTC deodorant drug products for internal use are generally recognized as safe and effective and not misbranded. Specifically, the agency has determined that the ingredients bismuth subgallate and chlorophyllin copper complex are generally recognized as safe and effective for use as an aid to reduce odor from a colonostomy or ileostomy.

Source

So yes, it is safe.

Please let us know if this works. They don’t say much about how many pills you have to take. One comment said 2 or 3 a day.

I ordered Chlorofresh: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00016AGBQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 a couple days ago. If that doesn’t work I may try DEVROM next.

I will only know if I ask people if I have an odor. I have anosmia, the complete inability to smell. But like many Soylanters I’ve been passing lots of gas, and I’m assuming it’s not fragrant.

I tried some of that stuff for a few days before ever receiving Soylent. It worked as advertised, but I had a rosacea flare up. I don’t know if it was related but I decided to not take it again just in case.

My only concern with something like this is that it might prevent absorption of nutrients… but I’m willing to give it a shot. Note to self: Give this a try.