Blending a banana or berries in? Maybe peanut butter?

Have any of you done this or what are your thoughts on it? I was thinking it would be nice to have a bit of a smoothie type drink with soylent to get fruits in or mock a peanut butter milkshake.

Peanut butter is one of the more popular ad-ins, so yes, zillions of people have done it. Try searching for PB2, for example. There is a whole thread on flavoring Soylent.

I don’t think Soylent 2.0 is really ideal for add-ins, because the bottle is made for maximum convenience, but 1.5 would be great for blending.

both works fine.
you can also use coffee instead of water (not too hot).
most recipes are on the sweet side, but you can also make some kind of soup with curry…

Hm ok! That sounds interesting. Thanks!

@geneven I actually already use PB2 and the chocolate PB2 as well. I didn’t even think of that. I planned to use my bullet to blend it in.

If you want flavoring that is easy to mix in and potent, I recommend these oils: http://lorannoils.com/

The super strength flavors (first link in product categories) are the most potent and really the only ones I have tried. Depending on which flavor you use and how intense you like it, 2-3 drops per serving is usually adequate.

I’ve added coffee to 2.0. Start with Starbucks via pac ( your choice of roast. My fave is Italian) dissolve in about 1oz of warm water. Let cool then add to your bottle cover and shake. Great latte alternative in am.

Damn that sounds amazing! I will order some to try it. I drink iced coffee with a coconut cream in it. This could be good for me.

Banana and dark cocoa powder are a great combination.
The cocoa powder works best if you mix it with the Soylent powder before adding liquid.

I have used honey, and it is amazing taste. However it must be liquid already before adding or you will have problems mixing it up.

You can also use peanut powder, which is a lot less fat but tastes pretty much the same.

The instant coffee is amazing in it by the way!!

First time trying Soylent, got 12 bottles of 2.0. I added a little bit of blue machine naked juice and some chocolate syrup to mine! I am getting a blender so I can turn it into a smoothie for some variety, the PB is a great idea I’ll keep in mind.

My favorite way to enjoy Soylent:
• 1 scoop Soylent powder
• 1/2 - 3/4 cup water
• 1 banana, sliced
• 9-10 ice crescents
• 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp. chocolate syrup

Blend all ingredients together. I hand stir the water, chocolate syrup, and Soylent in my intended drinking glass before pouring it into the blender with the other stuff. I imagine cocoa powder (as someone previously mentioned) would also work great in place of the chocolate syrup.

I did try blending in some peanut butter once but I didn’t like the resulting consistency.