Books on Nutrition suggestion?

I’m developing a bit of an obsession with the DIY soylent. It seems everyone here is a strong understanding of nutrition. I would be interested to read a book about this stuff, but I don’t want to read some all natural pseudoscience book. Any recommendations on books or articles?

I was just going to post this exact thread. Yes, book recommendations, please!

Bumping, because if I’m going to start DIY, I’m probably going to want to make use of information like this

if that one-size-fits-all miracle book existed, we’d already all be living by it. Or something like that.

That said, I’d guess it all depends on what you’re hoping to find in there.
Does it have to confirm your own ideas? Make you hate the author? Your pathetic life? Neither?

Either way, if you feel the need to read something… perhaps different, perhaps complete, perhaps… but, at least, that can make you think about it, I dare recommend

I can’t recommend a book - most of the nutrition books I read were already dated when I got them in 1985 or 1990… And I also read some very irrational stuff in my hunt for “truth.”

But I can tell you that the most important and valuable source I’ve found lately is the site run by the Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University. Their dietary information and micronutrient information reference is comprehensive, top-notch, and very well-referenced.