Camelina Oil as a source of Omega-3/Fats

Folks, what do you think about Camelina Oil as a source of fats, Omega-3 particularly?
It has about 30-40% Omega-3 and unlike flax seed oil doesn’t oxidize that quickly, that is, it’s more stable. I mix it with sunflower oil in 1:1 or 1:2 ratio to complete it with Omega-6.

Sounds good to me. I’m especially interested in the ‘almond-like’ flavour and resistance to rancidity (unlike flax oil). How would you rate it? I’ve not heard it mentioned before so you may be the first person on here to use it. How do you find the taste/price/ease of use in recipe?

Also called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flax_oil I kid you not…

I can’t really tell the oil’s chemical properties, since there is no lab around here to check whether it has all those declared features. It has somewhat unusual flavor and I, for one, can’t eat it as it is, only in salads. As for price, it’s cheap at least in Eastern Europe, I bought it in Russia for about $3 a liter, for comparison: sunflower oil was $1,5 a liter, olive oil (if you can find real one) is anywhere from $5 to $20 a liter.

If you can get it cheap it sounds pretty ideal. I’ve never heard of it in the UK, but a quick google shows it is available and marketed for skincare and aromatherapy. Unfortunately this means it is really expensive!

Check out prices to be sure. I’ve heard it’s used by the french in salads. If nothing else, you can buy it in Russia or Ukraine, though I’m not sure it would be cheaper due to transporting costs.