Co worker thinks Soylent should have a microchip embedded

Co worker thinks Soylent should have a microchip embedded in either the cap or bottle to monitor the correctness and safety of the ingredients.

This after coming back from what smelled like a 3 martini lunch.

Thoughts?

Not a bad idea, but then I think we should all be microchipped so I’m hardly an impartial source

That would be better done at the factory. It’s not like evil gnomes are changing ingredients mid shipment.

True, except many of the mold problems were caused after leaving the factory. I think human eyes and noses are a cheaper and more efficient option here, though.

That is a problem with sanitation not the ingredients. Again that would be better handled at the factory.

[quote=“Ode, post:4, topic:26814, full:true”]I think human eyes and noses are a cheaper and more efficient option here, though.[/quote]I take it you’ve never hired anyone?

I’m saying look at and smell it before ingesting. Putting microchips in the bottle to detect mold that grows after leaving the factory is dumb. Talk about over-engineering it. And unsustainable. Expensive. Uh…impossible with current technology.

Fair point. I now also regretting not joking about making soylent from human eyes & noses.

No time like the present. Especially on your inauguration eve.

Easy way to tell if it’s going bad is the bottle bloats, I’ve had a few go bad on me by keeping the boxes in the back of my pickup for work outside the cooler, I throw a case in the cooler at a time

I’m not sure exactly what problem that microchip would be intended to solve, but it sounds like a silly waste of resources. Definitely wouldn’t help bring the price down.

and putting a chip in the cap. there goes the recyclable aspect.

yah that’ll keep the costs down

I think their should be nano chips in Soylent 3.0. The nano chips could monitor our health and help distribute the nutrient load for better absorbtion…?