Coffiest "temporarily unavailable"

Anyone know why? No notice or anything indicating the reason or a backorder date.

It’s the end of the world as we know it…

This sucks. I had ordered one box (yay free shipping) of Coffiest right before it went unavailable; now I wish I had ordered three or four boxes (boo free shipping).

On the bright side, in the bad old days when powder was unavailable or backordered we were out of luck; at least for people who consume all Soylent products (me!), 2.0 and the bars are still available.

Does seem like a number of things are out of stock right now. I paused all my subscriptions some weeks ago, then went to unpause them yesterday and found the only thing I could get was 2.0 – no powder, no Coffiest. Could probably get bars, but I really don’t care for those.

I have been using Coffiest for about two weeks… i have to say, i like the taste and it is better than the no breakfast i was having before. I wish i could replenish my supply!

NO! I already need to have it stocked at all times!

We’re working on the issue. Expect a blog post soon.

Issue? What issue? Production? Contamination? BLAH WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE :fearful:

No one is going to die. :heart:

Shocking! RL admits that Soylent makes you immortal!

There can be only one.

We’re the princes of the universe.

Already posted in the other thread but:

Update on Coffiest and Powder

Coffiest Micronutrient Levels

Coffiest is a new product that we recently introduced to the market; it joins several other options in the Soylent line to provide new form and flavor choices to consumers. We are currently experiencing an issue with Coffiest in which the levels of Vitamin A and Vitamin C are not maintained at declared levels. This issue only affects Vitamins A and C (not any of the other nutrients in the product), and only affects Coffiest (not any other Soylent product). We would like to emphasize that Coffiest remains an extremely nutritious food, and consumers who are watching their Vitamin A and C levels can obtain ample daily amounts from other Soylent products and their non-Soylent diet. We offer our sincere apologies and are working to fix this issue as fast as we can.

In the meantime, we are revising the nutrition facts labels on our current inventory of Coffiest to accurately reflect the nutritional content. The relabeling process requires us to temporarily stop accepting orders for Coffiest and halt order fulfillment from our warehouses. We anticipate that we will resume accepting orders and shipping Coffiest in about 10 business days.

The Soylent product development team is working diligently to ensure that the Vitamin A and C levels in Coffiest are similar to those in other Soylent products. Along with offering high-quality nutrition, transparency is a core value of the Soylent brand, and we will continue to keep customers informed about this issue.

We will be reaching out to Coffiest customers with more information over the coming days. If you have ordered Coffiest at any time since launch, either by subscription or one-time order, expect an email from us in the near future.

Well, someone dropped the ball on this shitstorm. I see a price increase in the near future, perhaps a recall. The cost of new packaging, recalls, and refunds is expensive.

This is absolutely unacceptable :frowning:

I don’t care about the lowered Vitamin A and C levels, and I don’t care about the labels being incorrect.

I NEED MY COFFIEST AND I NEED IT RIGHT NOW.

I keep running out and needing to order more :frowning: It rapidly turned from a weekend thing to just needing ot have it every morning, regardless of me having coffee when I get to work. I JUST NEED MORE COFFIEST ASAP. 10 Business days will be an eternity to wait and suffer through the coffee withdrawal jiitters :confused:

I was literally just gonna order 2 more boxes today…

It’s coming back online soon. I’ll make sure to post the day shipments starts going out again.

Couldn’t RL have simply put on a nutritional label sticker over the original nutritional info when putting the Soylent box into the brown shipping boxes?

I mean, why stop shipping for more than a day, you could have made a sticker on a zebra printer label (the kind that you print UPS/FEDEX labels on.)

The laptop needed to be rebooted. http://blog.soylent.com/post/120650702677/how-we-spent-500-on-tech-to-ship-26m-of-soylent

I assume that’s what they’re doing.

Because it’s taken longer than a day? Keep in mind there are multiple companies involved at multiple locations in multiple countries (hey Canada!). From the post:

In the meantime, we are revising the nutrition facts labels on our current inventory of Coffiest to accurately reflect the nutritional content. The relabeling process requires us to temporarily stop accepting orders for Coffiest and halt order fulfillment from our warehouses. We anticipate that we will resume accepting orders and shipping Coffiest in about 10 business days.

Note the present tense: revising. They even provide an estimate: about ten business days. We’d all like it if it was one business day, but unfortunately their estimate is ten.

No Man’s Soylent