Counting calories and protein for tall people?

So, I am interested in testing my own diy soylent for a month or so. My goal is to go down to 210 to 216 lbs from 247 today. I decided to try to use the soylent sites own nutrient profile calculator. I pressed in my values:
28yrs,
6’5" and
213 lbs(I decided to eat or drink in this case as much as I would in my ideal weight).
Rarely excercise(Long walk every day plus some excercise for improving my posture),
Maintain my weight

And I got:
2464 calories, which sounds WAY to much

154g protein!!!

That can’t be right, can it? That sounds WAY to much. If I understand these results correct I have lived my entire life with dangerously low amounts of protein in my diet and been able to have a quite sporty lifestyle in my earlier twenties.
Or maybe I am wrong and I really would need that amount of protein and calories. It just sounds way to much to get to with normal food.

Can anybody with more knowledge weigh in on this. Is there something I am not seeing or should I change things around to get a more, in my view, normal profile?

There is a reason that products like whey protein are so popular, in a “normal” diet it is likely that the amount of protein being consumed is too low, and thus needs supplemented. It’s probably more accurate to say you were consuming a “sub-optimal” amount of protein, not a dangerously low amount.

But is it safe to lower my protein with 30 grams? Or will I have bad consequences?

The IoM recommends 10% to 35% of calories from protein for adults. That 154 g is 25%. If you did 30 g less, making it 124 g, that would be 20% calories from protein. Even as low as 100 g would be 16%.

One thing to consider with protein is that you need specific essential amino acids in it. If you only get 10% of your calories from protein and it is almost all soy protein, you will likely be deficient in methionine, since soy protein is only 1.3% to 1.4% methionine. Additionally, if you don’t have other sulfur sources, you may be deficient in that too. Methionine and cysteine are amino acids with sulfur. Soy protein is low on cysteine too, 1.3%.

On the other hand, if you have 20% or more of your calories from protein, and it is all soy protein, you should be fine. You will be getting enough methionine, and enough methionine and cysteine together for enough sulfur.

Interesting!
The recipe I am working on gets its source of protein from whey powder and oats. Sulfur seems ok, even 375% over the two grams that was recomended to me.

Should I mix it up and get half soy half whey instead to cover all my bases?

If you are using whey, you are good. It has good ratios for all the essential amino acids.