Hey im in the process of creating a cost optimization application for soylent. It is currently on source forge and has a some barbone essentials written. So far all of the code is in C.
If you would like to help and get a developer account, reply to this thread or message me.
I am also planning on writing articles about the nutrients and other general aspects of it. So if you do not know how to code you can still help.
A link to the source forge page will be posted soon.
These are the project goals
- Add supplement amounts from health canada.
- Allow user input of specified amounts
- Comparison of user input valus to health canada values.
- Optimize user input to allow for names of supplements being added along with cost and multiple ingredients.
- comparison of amounts added to health canada values
- cost calculation
- cost optimization based on combination of components of each ingredient being added.
- adaption of code for use in html browser
- adaption of code for mobile phone app
- detailed list of core nutrients and what they do.