My boyfriend and I started soylent last week, and we’re having a little bit of an issue. Wanted to see if anyone out there had any insight on this.
First, here is the recipe we have so far. We aren’t adding the multivitamin to the actual soylent mix, it’s taken separately.
- Add 1 oz of Alive! Multivitamins
- Add 2 scoops (80g) of Whole Oat Powder
- Add 2 scoops (60.8g) of Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard
- Add 4 teaspoons (26g) of Fitness Fiber
- Add 6 teaspoons of NOW Potassium Gluconate
- Add 4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Add 6g of Jarrow Formulas MSM Sulfur Powder(In accordance to Rob’s update)
- Add 0.9 teaspoons of table salt
- Add 1/2 teaspoon (2g) of Swanson Monosodium Phosphate
- Add 2 cups (200g) of NOW Foods Carbo Gain Maltodextrin
- Pour water to desired consistency
- Take 1 per day of NOW Iron Supplements for 18 mg of Iron
- Take 2 per day of NOW Calcium and Magnesium
- Take 1 per day of Nature’s Way Choline
The very first day we figured out, for both of us, that going straight to liquid was a bad idea. We want to supplement it and drink soylent for two out of three meals per day, which worked quite well for us in subsequent days.
Our main concern at the time was a feeling of low blood sugar - agitation, low mood, feeling tired and grumpy.
On the second day I had an apple near lunch and nothing else all day, and I felt absolutely great.
The issues we’ve had thus far that we’re looking to remedy, and any help would be appreciated:
Low blood sugar feel
Achy joints/muscles feeling
Please let me know! We’d love to continue, but is this just an adjustment period or do we need to tweak the recipe?