It’s been exactly 5 weeks since my last big post, so I wanted to give an update on where we currently stand in terms of both production and fulfillment.
- We are currently finishing up our second major batch production at RFI and have the third solidly in the pipeline
- We changed our oil bottle filling company recently but this has had limited impact on production and no impact on product formulation
- We are looking forward to switching to a more streamlined box and better pouch zippers in the near future (we don’t have an exact date for the switch, but all of the materials have been ordered and as soon as we do - we will let you know!)
- We are working diligently on continuously improving the product based on feedback from our backers and are excited to share updates as soon as things are finalized
- We have finished nearly all of the 1 month and larger crowdfunding orders and are moving into 3 week and 2 week order sizes (if you have a 1-month crowdfunding order and haven’t received it yet, don’t worry - we are still doing a clean sweep of our customer data to find any edge cases and will ask people to get in touch with us if they somehow were missed once we finish this exercise)
- Our speed of shipping (on a unit basis) has more than doubled week over week for the past few weeks, so all of the production, supply chain, and customer support work we have been putting in is now visibly paying off
- We should be finishing up crowdfunding backer orders within the next 5 weeks!
- For ecommerce customers who got the first delay email, we are still on track for the timeline outlined in that email
- To restate - any ecommerce customer that has not received a direct delay email has not yet been identified as affected by an additional delay
- The address update emails we have been sending to backers and customers have been highly effective in ensuring we send Soylent to the right place - thank you for your patience and participation!
Questions / comments / thoughts / feedback?
I’ll address questions throughout the next few days and apologies in advance if it takes me a bit to reply! It’s a busy time making it rain Soylent!