Dr. Andrew Weil weighs in on Omega 3 and prostate cancer 7-29

Sort of. He’s talking about one particular study’s questionable accuracy.

Bottom line: this appears to be an unfortunate combination of questionable science, unwarranted conclusions, and dreadful media coverage. The well documented evidence for myriad benefits of high dietary intake of omega-3 fatty acids on both physical and mental health is very strong.

As far as I can tell there has only been one study. And every article about this is referencing that one study. I could be wrong but I have only found one study.

Heres another article As for taking supplements, the latest research does not prove that omega-3 supplements cause prostate cancer

Another article.
http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Experts-slam-omega-3-link-to-prostate-cancer-as-overblown-scaremongering

Makes one wonder why it was published.

Another article. Specifically, the data for which these “scientists” used to derive their silly conclusion was obtained from a study looking at Selenium and Vitamin E – not Omega-3s! Any data regarding Omega-3s was not adequately controlled, marginally well understood, or even explained, to give rise to any conclusions whatsoever. A single blood test is ludicrous and the differences in levels were small at best. Plus, it says nothing about supplements while foolishly leading to a conclusion that the essential Omega-3 Fatty Acids (the fats we must have) cause cancer. I have gone over just a few of the reasons above, but there are actually countless factors that make this study absolutely irrelevant toward any conclusion regarding Omega-3 Supplements and Prostate Cancer. Ultimately and most importantly, I will continue taking my Omega-3 Supplements everyday just as I have for the last 30+ years.