Ear Ringing and Slight Pressure Sensitivity

I’m going on my 4th day of the 2.0 premade drinks. I’ve noticed some wicked caffeine withdrawals and am addressing those with some occasional coffee drinking, just enough to stave off the headaches. However, I’ve noticed that my ears have been ringing a LOT these last 4 days. It’s not constant, but it is very frequent including as I type this. I’ve also noticed some pressure sensitivity in my legs and arms. Most notably, sitting on the toilet almost hurts, not quite but it is uncomfortable.

Is this common, a side-effect, or psychosomatic?

To give some background, I’m one of those people who have never had a good relationship with food. I hate the choices I make when I think about what I’m going to eat. I’m pretty overweight and have a good decade+ of bad choices I’m trying to change. So, I can’t say I know what it’s like for my body to be “healthy,” per se, especially when consuming a well-rounded food combination. I’m trying to stick to about 2,000 calories a day to see how that goes. At first, I thought the headaches were related to a large change in carb intake since I’ve been a huge bread lover. Then, I drank some coffee this morning and figured that part out pretty quickly. That’s about all I can think of. Thanks.

Tinnitus is not a disease but a symptom that can result from a number of underlying causes. One of the most common causes is noise-induced hearing loss. Other causes include: ear infections, disease of the heart or blood vessels, Meniere’s disease, brain tumors, exposure to certain medications, a previous head injury and earwax.[2] It is more common in those with depression.[3]

I’d probably talk to your doctor.

These symptoms might be unrelated to Soylent. You could try switching off it for a day or two and see if anything changes.

Are you trying to cut down too many calories too fast? You can use this calculator to estimate your normal caloric intake.

P.S. I’ve accepted the fact that I am addicted to caffeine. I take a caffeine pill every morning so I don’t have to drink coffee to feel caffeinated. It’s actually a great little lifehack. Making and drinking coffee when you’re in a hurry sucks, and going uncaffeinated sucks. Caffeine pills get around that.

Amen. I’ve been doing that for a few years. Jet Alert from WalMart - $3.63 for (90) 200 mg caffeine tablets. Cheap and easy.

Caffeine is one of the most common causes of tinnitus, as are high levels of salt consumption. Soylent 2.0 has 13% of a day’s salt intake so that is not particularly high. Many people with tinnitus avoid coffee at all costs.

I have ringing in both ears that started when a dog with a high-pitch bark barked into my left ear. This was over a year ago. I started taking Lipo-Flavonoid Plus which I believed helped, but costs about 25-30 dollars per month.

I have not noticed that Soylent increased my tinnitus. I drink green tea, which has less caffeine than coffee but still provides some. Being overweight and high cholesterol can also cause circulation problems that lead to tinnitus.

Mike, have you tried melatonin as a treatment for tinnitus?

I haven’t. Is it recommended?

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/news/20060224/melatonin-pills-may-help-ease-tinnitus

Yes, but it’s also used as a sleep aid, so it will make you sleepy.