Environmental Impact/Carbon Footprint

Are there any numbers for the environmental impact/carbon footprint in manufacturing of Soylent?

It’s one of the big reasons I support Soylent is that it is meatless and the only impact I’m am making with a day’s worth of food is the water I add.

Any information to the production impact of Soylent would be great. A comparison to the impact of a normal American 2000 cal diet would be fantastic if available.

Good question.

I too would like to hear more about the progress and pitfalls of the Rosa Labs manufacturing process and in particular the sustainability aspect of the Soylent product regarding the supply of product components as we see the evolution of the formula continuing.

http://robrhinehart.com/?p=1152
At least we know the water consumption isn’t so bad.

Are you trying to say that you hope Soylent is green?

Well done. :clap:t3: @AgentSpiff

We have some very loose numbers. We will be working on a in-depth study in the future as it’s a very important topic. One of the primarily goals of Soylent is sustainability.

Awesome. Great to hear Connor.

Was just curious because such a huge change in Oats vs Potato starch vs synthetic gums I know impacts the flavor and texture but am also curious where these products are sourced from and how they are made by those organizations.

Transparency is your friend! Open source the sustainability efforts.

Hi connor, I am working on a school project (I’m a senior at Georgetown) about the environmental impact of different meal options. If you had even very loose numbers you could share it would be really helpful… thanks!

I’m interested in this topic too.