Expanding Universe, a new Discourse for conversations about science and technology

Hey guys, I’m so happy to announce the launch of Expanding Universe! :tangerine:

Using the Soylent Discourse has shown me what beautiful, thoughtfully crafted software Discourse is. I’ve also noticed that conversations here often spill into general discussion of topics related to science and technology, which while fun have to be curtailed so as not to undermine the purpose of the Discourse.

So, I decided to create a Discourse of my own. My goal is to gather smart, knowledgeable individuals who are enthusiastic about science and technology to have some of the best conversations on the Internet using the best forum software on the Internet. Join me!

Very cool! Just signed up. It’ll be nice to be able to talk freely without being scolded for going marginally off topic :relieved:

I’m gonna post Soylent news there too, assuming nobody beats me to it!

Wow you even bought a domain name??? Awesome! I’m in.

The domain name was the simple part. The Discourse instance is installed on a cloud server running Ubuntu, which involves punching a lot of text-based commands into a terminal. The hardest part was implementing SSL, although in retrospect — as it often goes — I see how simple it is. My SSL implementation has an A+ rating. :smile:

Thank goodness, now we can get back to focusing on amateur marketing strategy brainstorming and fart discussion.

Crap! I’m out.  

Just passed the 10 member mark. Thanks for signing up. I really appreciate it!