Feedback on Bar

Well, I wasn’t expecting this release so soon. But am thrilled about it. Thoughts on nutrition as it compares to Powder and Drink? I love the calorie count and size/weight. If the price is between Powder and Drink I expect to go 100% Bar.

BTW, congratulations to the RL team! The long product drought was concerning, but clearly you had things queuing up. I’m very happy to not have a long wait for Bar. Great work!

@conor how many bars per box and what are the box quantity options? Will subscriptions renew every four weeks like Powder? And to confirm - they are vegan (creamer and all) right?

While its been announced I have to wait for the full release before giving out more info. Look for more news soon. We have a lot of great things in the works and we do appreciate the kind words!

I think the bar will help some people get over the “ick” factor of drinking their food replacement. My wife refuses to try liquid soylent, but expressed interest in the bar.

You say they are meant to be complimentary. Any cons to going 100% bars?

The Joylent Tweenybar has been out for a while, it is very filling, but I would not want to have it 100% of the time.

Is the new Solent bar 100% vegan?

This. A lot of my friends and family are against trying it, my one friend refuses to try it because she hates milk, but constantly tortures herself by eating crappy “health foods” like rice cakes and veggie burgers for the sake of “not getting fat”. I told her that she should try the bars when they came out and we could split a box, surprisingly she was open to it!

Where are you guys hearing about bars? Just today they announced their coffee product but I didn’t get an email about bars.

It’s in their blog along with the coffiest announcement: http://blog.soylent.com/post/148692318597/be-a-breakfast-pioneer-with-coffiest

In addition to Coffiest’s debut, Soylent will introduce a new product category with Soylent Bar. Soylent Bar offers the same complete nutrition, but in a lighter, more portable form factor. With only 250 calories, Soylent Bar makes an excellent snack or small meal, with a macronutrient breakdown of 38 percent calories from lipids, 43 percent calories from carbohydrates, and 19 percent calories from protein in each bar, providing one eighth of an average adult’s recommended dietary needs.

Facts about Soylent Bar:

Soylent Bar Glycemic Index: 55
Soylent Bar Glycemic Load: 13.75
(ref)

Soylent Bar is produced by Betty Lou’s (Oregon). (ref)

Soylent Bars are individually wrapped. Each Bar provides one 250 Calorie snack and weighs 60 g. Bars are packaged in a 12-pack case that easily fits in your cupboard, your desk drawer, or anywhere else! (ref)

For every case of Coffiest or Bar sold, Soylent will donate $0.25 to World Food Program USA, which provides one meal.(ref)

The fiber content (5g) is about twice as much as the fiber content of Soylent drink. The macros are 43 percent of calories from carbohydrates, 38 percent from fat, and 19 percent from protein.

Soylent Bar wrappers are not recyclable and should be thrown away. (ref)

https://soylent.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/205956883/Bar_Nutrition_Facts_US_REV_NC-01.png

Damn. …

That’s over $5 extra we will have to pay per month.

If you order more than 20 cases per month, that would be true. I am not sure how much Bars will cost, but $0.25 is less than 1% (0.675%) of the cost of a monthly subscription case of Coffiest. ($37.05)

Interesting that they no longer have the fringe on the ends. Looks better but harder to find purchase to tear?

Wasted money is wasted money, no matter how small you perceive the amount to be. https://i.ytimg.com/vi/IaVIRqHBM3k/hqdefault.jpg

A company will of course decide to do many things with the money I give them, and I won’t agree with them all. But I’d rather not pay for a false feel-good advertising scheme. I’d rather donate to a charity of my choosing directly. That also has tax benefits.

Perhaps you should write them a strongly worded letter if you feel so passionate about it.

I think this is an odd choice on their part. 2.0 was engineered to provide just enough fiber to get it through your digestive tract. Why the massive increase? This makes it more like a nutritionally-complete Fiber One bar than a meal replacement.

What’s wrong with rice cakes and veggie burgers?