Feedback on Bar

Which article exactly? In ETZ we round down to nearest percentile.

Soylent, I thought you loved me? I’ve been faithful (powder subscriber) since 1.1. And I learn about your new bar via an ad on Facebook. Where’s the love? Where’s the advance notice? Where’s the insider coupon or free sample???

If you subscribe to Soylent’s newsletter, you’d have received an email announcing it on August 18th. If you haven’t, go to Soylent.com, scroll down to the bottom, type in your email address, and hit “Subscribe”.

SOYLENTCOMMUNITY1 for 10% off.

You can use the coupon code ‘SOYLENTCOMMUNITY1’ for 10% off, cancel anytime. We sent out a huge email blast about our bars.

That’s what I’m talkin’ about! Thanks Conor and Wezaleff.

FYI, I unsub’d from the newsletter because it was singing to the choir.

Well, the choir gets the birdseed first!

Crunchy ingredient identified!

Please consume with caution. If you get sick after eating your first bar DO NOT assume that it is just a virus. I consumed for breakfast on two consecutive Friday and had a violent vomiting reaction about 1.5 hours later. The first time I thought it was a virus – now I know that was not the case. If your order has this stamp 16:02 B.B. 14JUL17 F3 1966. DO NOT CONSUME. I am not the only one who has had this reaction. There is a separate thread about it. I have been in touch with Soylent

Soylent Bar is now available on Amazon. $20.40 with 15% subscribe and save discount.

Soylent Food Bars, 2.12 Ounce, 12 Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IRFB0JY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_xm.5xbGWC5HP2

Cheaper than from RL since no shipping for one box. Will be interesting to see if this is the batch with food poisoning.

I hate that I like these so much! Like everyone else too much $$$. Tried my first one this afternoon. We’ll see if I get sick of the flavor before reordering…Also not a fan of the 250 kcal. I usually eat 200 kcal portions. More measuring and weighing to chop them up to my desired calorie content. :slight_smile:

Echoing what many have said, I like them but they’re a bit expensive to eat regularly and if I’m only going to eat them occasionally I’m likely to care less about having the great nutrient balance and have a cheaper Kind Bar or Larabar.

Costco brand protein bars are working for me, a Little over a dollar each

Tried a friend’s food bar last night. I’m not a huge fan of caramel, but the taste and texture were actually pretty good. I also found it surprisingly filling. It’s a shame they’re prohibitively expensive (2x the price of powder?!?!?! Seriously?)

Still looking forward to a solid form of Soylent that is cost competitive with powder.

Yeah it should be between Powder and RTD in price and meant for 100% (including taste).

I just don’t think that’s the market they are going for. They seem to be aiming \ for the protein bar market (occasional use; a meal replacement vs. meal). They are not going for the MealSquares market.

Agreed… And I find that unfortunate.

However I should note at this point that I’m finding it much harder to stick to 100% Soylent 2.0 for more than 3 or 4 consecutive bottles (I need around 2800kcal/day). It was much easier to shift back and forth between 1.6 and 2.0 within a 100% day.

Perhaps food bar would help folks who would like a higher percentage of Soylent calories but are not willing to deal with the powder.

Personally, due to the amount of calories I need and the cost per calorie, I’ll stick with powder for now… Err, whenever it resumes shipping.

Interesting. You like the variety?

Why are the wrappers not recyclable? If people eat even one bar per day, that will generate a huge amount of unrecyclable waste.

They are limited by what their manufacturers can do.