Finally received Soylent 1.1

I finally received my initial one week supply of Soylent after waiting over a year and receiving enough notifications about shipping delays to make me think that maybe this was just a really well done scam. I’m quite happy to that I was wrong.
My first attempt I simply followed the directions printed on the scoop. BAD MOVE! It was like drinking sand, and the after texture was just as gritty.
The second attempt was MUCH better, texture wise, after using the 1:2 ratio of Soylent to water. The taste, though, was horribly bland. The after taste did leave me wanting to drink more, but I couldn’t make myself do it.
After reading many many forum posts on flavor and the changes from 1.0 to 1.1, I did a few flavor experiments on my own. Most of them failed. Okay, 4 out of 5 failed.
On my fifth attempt, I just dumped a bunch of Splenda into otherwise unmodified Soylent 1.1. Eureka! Apparently the sweetness issue everyone else had with 1.0 would not have been a problem for me.
I finished off what I had made and will now work on figuring out just how much Splenda to add to each scoop of Soylent to make it taste just right.

Also don’t forget, cold makes a MASSIVE difference, as does letting it soak for a minimum of 4 hours, preferably overnight. The sandy quality vanishes nearly 100% with an overnight soak, but any time in the first few hours will be very prominent.

I’m looking forward to trying both of those tricks.

Salt makes a huge difference in taste too. If you’re planning to consume this for the majority of your meals, I’d add a 1/4 tsp of salt to the pitcher.

I have an electrolyte supplement that I’ll be adding once other sources of sodium fade from my diet. It’s great stuff. Saved me from increasingly severe electrolyte depletion caused by a very physical job in a 110 degree (F) warehouse.