Food science study in Phoenix, AZ

Hello!
I am a professor at the School of Arts, Media, and Engineering at ASU in Phoenix, researching the practices, challenges, and motivations of at-home food experimentation!

Our project aims to understand how food can be used as a platform for learning about and performing a host of scientific experiments at home. It seems like this group has some interesting insights, and we would love to talk to anyone who experiments with Soylent-related projects and lives in the Phoenix AZ area.

The study consists of an informal interview (approximately 1-2 hours) and you will be compensated $15 per hour for your time. You must be 18 years or older to participate.

If you are interested, please feel free to respond here or message me privately. Thanks!

Wished I lived in Phoenix. :frowning:

Yeah. There are half a dozen food experimenters here that would be perfect. But I don’t think any of them are near Arizona.

Eve
(I’m not one of them.)

I’m in Tucson. Could head up the road. I’m interested to hear more.

I was wrong. One of them is in the area. :smile:

Eve

No need to pay, I’ll spill all the details here and now. Soylent has given me so much extra energy that I’ve devised a very stringent morning routine.

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Are you referring to using the Soylent product to make a variety of items? Or perhaps you are referring to the flavoring experiments? I am here in Phoenix, but wouldn’t want to waste your time if it’s about something different than just using Soylent as part of your diet.

I, uh…

Hi, if you are in Phoenix, we would love to talk to you about how you make Soylent, and how it fits into your food habits. Could you email me (kstace@asu.edu) to figure out the details offline?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to meeting you!

Hi there,

I think it would be worth for you to come up here and do this interview in person only if you could physically show us your process (ie, show us how you make soylent, and prepare a batch with us). We can reimburse or provide you with materials as needed. We may also be able to reimburse you for gas and drive time, but please message me private (kstace@asu.edu) to figure out these details.

Thanks!

What a psycho…