Fun Experiments with Soylent or Shower Thoughts

Question: How to determine how long it takes for Soylent to complete its journey through your body. Does gender or age matter?
Answer: Add food coloring (green of course) to Soylent, consume, wait, and observe.

Any others?

Step 3) Magically become transparent.

That may not actually be to far off the mark. http://news.discovery.com/tech/biotechnology/transparent-mice-have-see-through-organs-140801.htm Transparent mice. Granted, they are also dead mice, but its a step in the direction of transparency.

I know when I eat black licorice, it usually takes about 12 hours to make it through my system…

@Lee_Ars did roughly this between the second and third part of his series testing a pre-release version of Soylent. It sounds like it took about a day. It would be interesting to hear if the release version of Soylent is the same.

Food gets kinda mixed up as it goes through. Once I started adding food coloring, it was pretty easy to see that some amount of Soylent was taking only a few hours to move from point A to point B(utt), and some other amount was taking as long as 3-ish days. Same reason why sometimes you eat something insanely spicy and feel it at the other end in only a few hours. The body is a complex, gross machine.