Glucose Syrup (aka corn syrup)

tldr /xbox generation version:
Request thoughts on using glucose as a sweetener as opposed to sucrose (which is fructose+glucose)

Version for those of us with reading skills and who give a damn:

I have been looking at switching to a vitamin powder instead of swallowing a pill at the start of the day, and for the granularity a powdered form offers for fine tuning the dose. I have heard they can taste pretty nasty, so in anticipation of that I am considering dropping the brown sugar in my mix and adding a slightly larger amount of glucose syrup (aka corn syrup)

Note this is NOT high fructose corn syrup which is further modified to covert some of the glucose to fructose, according to Wikipedia.

Anyway I was hoping someone can tell me if doing this would be better or worse than just upping the brown sugar content till it tastes better. Either way I would reduce some other carbs to match the calories.

I don’t currently use glucose syrup, this would be a swap. I could also use glucose powder.

Glucose is a sugar that every cell in your body can break down without difficulties, and only some glucose gets broken down by the liver. Other sugars are primarily broken down in the liver. and turned into fats.Dr. Lustig has a video, which is an hour and a half long, ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM ) that goes into the related metabolic pathways of Glucose, Alcohol and High Fructose Corn Syrup. Basically what you want to take away from his video is all things in moderation, and I figured a health aspect might help you in your decision.

Also Glucose is not as sweet as Sucrose gram/gram, and there is a corresponding scale ( a short scale can be found on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweetness ). So it looks like it would take more glucose to get it to the level of sweetness you prefer, and less fructose.

It is possible that you may end up using less brown sugar than other sugars, if only because brown sugar isn’t just sugar, but has some molasses in it, which could also affect the taste. I suppose in the end all I can do is provide information. They each have their own ups and downs, how much weight you put on them is up to you.