Continuing the discussion from Grand Unboxing for a first time consumer [Soylent 1.3, Ordered June 28, Delivered Fri Dec 19]:
I’ve seen a number of threads regarding the size of the orifice in the Soylent pitcher being too small to clean. So I wanted to put this thread together to help anyone else who has that problem.
I apologize in advance for the pictures being taken on top of the stove counter top (black background). I don’t have any other cleared off space (Whoever designed the kitchen was an idiot and we are planning do remodel it this year. But for now, there is not enough counter space for food prep, let alone trying to show off the Soylent pitcher. And all the other surfaces in the house are all dark wood. It looks great in the house, but it’s horrible for taking photos of the Soylent pitcher.)
- First, the pitcher fully assembled (as it came in the box) http://i.imgur.com/BAlvWkvb.jpg
- Second, the pitcher with the pour top removed. http://i.imgur.com/CTLaSzXb.jpg
- Third, the pitcher with both the pour top, as well as the handle removed from the plastic carafe base. (stacked on top of each other)
- Fourth, All items side-by-side http://i.imgur.com/M8PD5UQb.jpg
- Remove the pour top by unscrewing counter-clockwise until the top is no longer attached to the handle-top.
- Remove the handle-top by holding the carafe base in one hand and the handle-top in the other and twisting the handle-top counter-clockwise to the carafe base.
- Remove the non-skid rubber handle from the handle-top by pulling the non-skid rubber handle down/away from the handle.
Reassemble in reverse.